New Atari 7800 Homebrew - Defender

Started by TrekMD, January 26, 2015, 03:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Bob DeCrescenzo is keeping himself quite busy and he has started working on a port of Defender for the Atari 7800.  Of course, neither Defender nor Stargate were over ported to the system so this is another welcome addition to the system's library.  The game is very early in development and the binary is pretty much a graphics demo. Nonetheless, we know Bob will create a fantastic piece of work for the system.  Check out the development thread here:  Another very early WIP.

[align=center:3lcmfdh0][/align:3lcmfdh0]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

retromod

the copyright owner is Williams Electronics. Hopefully he asked for permission....
http://www.konsolen-mod.de for mod showroom and configurator

Greyfox

This is pretty impressive stuff. as Retromod says, we don't want another Smurfing incident do we?

Shadowrunner

Cool, I'd love to play Defender on the 7800! He'll probably change the name slightly to avoid the copyright. Yes it's still illegal, but there are lots of games on the AA store like this and nobody seems to complain.

TrekMD

This thread is about this game and no further discussion of copyright will be had in it.  There is a thread for that and the related posts have been moved there. 

walter_j64bit

I need to my hands on a game loader my the 7800.

TrekMD

Papa

That game looks delicious!!  Go Bob!!
And all the Who's down in Whoville will cry
"OH $#IT!"

TrekMD

It certainly does!  He states on the details of the video that he's taking his time with this one.  I'm just glad he's back at developing games.  :)