Let's Compare - Road Rash

Started by TrekMD, January 25, 2015, 01:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Road Rash is the name of a motorcycle-racing video game series by Electronic Arts in which the player participates in violent, illegal street races. The series started on the Mega Drive and made its way to various other systems over the years. The game's title is based on the slang term for the severe friction burns that can occur in a motorcycle fall where skin comes into contact with the ground at high speed.

Six different games were released from 1991 to 1999, and an alternate version of one game was developed for the Game Boy Advance. The Mega Drive trilogy wound up in EA Replay.

Source:  Wikipedia

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I love Road Rash, and the 3DO version is easily my favourite racing game of all time!

TrekMD

I've actually never played this one.  Looks like a fun game.

AmigaJay

Best Original Megadrive, then Amiga. Owned it on both.
Best handheld Gamegear.
Best 32bit 3D0 or PS1, owned it on both, Saturn version hurts my eyes!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

onthinice

My favorite is the 3DO version also. For on the go the PSP version is tops in my book.

I really wish the Super Nintendo version had been released.

TrekMD

Here's another video looking at the various versions of this game...

davyk

Really never got Road Rash. Just didn't see the appeal. No version I saw looked that great either. It seemed to be all very jerky and some versions used hideous "photo-style" graphics. Control wasn't up to much either. I could never understand why it did so well.

Much prefer playing something like Super Hang On.

TrekMD

Even more versions of Road Rash on this video, which is a follow up to the one above.