Youtubers wanted for RVG Youtube Page

Started by zapiy, January 23, 2015, 16:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Evening all,

Ok, i am looking for a few volunteers to help produce content for the official RVG channel..

What we need is people willing to create fresh content and upload to our official channel, advertising your own channel at the end of the video is allowed.. I figure if we have 3 or 4 people creating a couple of vids a month that will equate around 2 new vids a week.. Certainly a great promo for our site.. We will supply the opening splash clip so all videos start the same, the middle is your content and the end if your promo and out link also..

So any takers?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

OboShape

ive got a couple of personal projects coming up in the next couple of months with the bairn, so I could always record and segment them over a few 20 min vids.

so I could chip in now and again as things come up for me, for a few fillers when you need them, dont have anything ongoing sorry :(
Powered by Nescafe

Non illigitamus carborundum

zapiy

That would be fine, this is not about sticking to a strict regime.. More about having a few keen people posting the odd video to help keep the channel active.. One thing i am keen on showing is that RVG is diverse so having vids from various people and from various countries offers that me thinks.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

64bitRuss

Interesting. I just opened a youtube account, but haven't uploaded any videos yet. I'm not sure what I want to do with it. Pretty much anything retro gaming is what you have in mind? For instance individual game reviews, or maybe videos dealing with the collecting aspect of the hobby?

We could do good things with that, the guys here have great collections with plenty of games to talk about. I have ZERO experience doing a video though, but I do have an HD camera now to shoot with.

wyldephang

I do have some experience with editing videos and recording voiceovers, but I haven't had much success capturing game footage from my PC. I don't have a video capture card, and my previous attempt to record footage ended in failure as the video would begin to lag after a few minutes. I would like to help out, but I can't promise I'll be able to get the technology working right now. :- If I figure something out, I'll let you know!
- Ryan

zapiy

Everyone has to start somewhere and obviously there will need to be some quality guidlines and a few other guidelines as all the videos will represent this site so we don't want fanboy/flaming stuff going on.. Just opinions and so on. I think most people would have known that would be the case anyway..

Let us know what you come up with guys, i shall be doing a few myself over the next couple of weeks.. Some voice over and some not..

wyldephang

So, I have some good news and some not-so-good news. I'll start with the latter. I've discovered that my computer is far too slow to reliably record video games with Camstudio. The video stutters and I lose more than half of the frames that should've been recorded. I'm beginning to see the merits of a high-end PC. I feel so limited in what I am able to contribute to the site simply because my computer spits nuts and bolts whenever I give it a resource-intensive task.

The good news is that it seems to handle Fraps pretty well, and I've been able to record some Nintendo 64 footage on my computer. I am planning my first video for the RVG YouTube page, a two-part retrospective of the AKI/THQ professional wrestling games. The videos will cover six titles: WCW vs. NWO: World Tour; Virtual Pro Wrestling 64; WCW vs. NWO: Revenge; WWF WrestleMania 2000; Virtual Pro Wrestling 2; and WWF No Mercy. Two of these are import titles, so I think the videos will be interesting and informative. I'll have footage of each game along with some audio backing tracks, and I will record voiceovers and take you through the history of these games. At the end, I'll probably do a series roundup with my personal "rankings" of these games. I am planning on submitting the videos one at a time, so you can publish the episodes separately. This project may take me over a month to complete. If I pick up steam, you can expect it earlier than that.
- Ryan

TrekMD

I like the good news side of that post.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Quote from: "wyldephang"So, I have some good news and some not-so-good news. I'll start with the latter. I've discovered that my computer is far too slow to reliably record video games with Camstudio. The video stutters and I lose more than half of the frames that should've been recorded. I'm beginning to see the merits of a high-end PC. I feel so limited in what I am able to contribute to the site simply because my computer spits nuts and bolts whenever I give it a resource-intensive task.

The good news is that it seems to handle Fraps pretty well, and I've been able to record some Nintendo 64 footage on my computer. I am planning my first video for the RVG YouTube page, a two-part retrospective of the AKI/THQ professional wrestling games. The videos will cover six titles: WCW vs. NWO: World Tour; Virtual Pro Wrestling 64; WCW vs. NWO: Revenge; WWF WrestleMania 2000; Virtual Pro Wrestling 2; and WWF No Mercy. Two of these are import titles, so I think the videos will be interesting and informative. I'll have footage of each game along with some audio backing tracks, and I will record voiceovers and take you through the history of these games. At the end, I'll probably do a series roundup with my personal "rankings" of these games. I am planning on submitting the videos one at a time, so you can publish the episodes separately. This project may take me over a month to complete. If I pick up steam, you can expect it earlier than that.

Sounds fantastic, do you have a Google+ account.. We can make you admin once you have done a few so you eventually have direct access..

wyldephang

I do have a Google+ account. It should be the same username as my YouTube account: wyldephang. I think this is the URL. Just keep in mind that I never use Google+ outside of whatever drifts over from my YouTube activities.
- Ryan

zapiy

Yeah we could grant you youtube access and then when you log in it will ask which channel you want.. Pretty clever.

Lets walk before we run though lol  :113:

wyldephang

Sure. No problem. My main concern right now is how you'd prefer to receive the videos once I've finished them. I anticipate they'll probably be a few hundred MB each. That's way too large to send via e-mail. Should I try to find a hosting service when the time comes?
- Ryan

TrekMD

If you have a Google account, you get free space where you can host the files in Google Drive.  You can get a link to the file and just remove it once it has been downloaded.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Yeah google drive or Dropbox? I can recommend you and you will get free space and mine will be increased.

wyldephang

Do you have a link to the opening splash video you were talking about earlier? I'd like to get all the pieces in order as I start to make these videos.

Also, I've never used Dropbox. Is it completely free? No subscription or credit card needed? If it's no strings attached, then go ahead and recommend me.
- Ryan