RetroN 5 Chat

Started by zapiy, December 21, 2014, 21:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Anyone picked one up yet? Going to get one?

Thoughts?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I haven't gotten one.  I did see one during FreePlay Florida being sold and I don't know that it sold.  It does look like a cool system, though.  I'm curious as to how well does it do with emulation.  A nice plus about it is that it enhances the graphics for HDMI output.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

You might want to watch these videos on the RetroN 5

[align=center:r20cgw2g]www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K8j8iCGOZA[/align:r20cgw2g]

And the main Review here.

[align=center:r20cgw2g]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA58fg6wZSM[/align:r20cgw2g]

Gamestr81 always knows his stuff and I a lot of the time base my decision on what he thinks. And is not bias towards reviews or give the impression he's been bought off either, so I think this is a good starting point.

zapiy

Great vids, i do like the way he reviews stuff.. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

EchoPark

I know this topic is getting pretty old and past it but I was interested if you or anyone got the RetroN 5. I keep fancy getting one but something else usually takes over the cash. Lately its quadcopters lol.
Gamer/Geocaching/Hockey!

Greyfox

Well, one of our long time members @dcultrapro seen a post I put up on Twitter and claimed to have said he was getting one really soon, or has one now, and I've also seen some intense reviews and people are saying that for what it is , it's actually very good, bar a few Japanese games not been compatible , but have updates on firmware for the machine to get it all running, plus it does a great job of up scaling to HD for the games.

But for anyone who has the actual systems, this may not be an option for them, unless they are putting their machines into storage.

Shadowrunner

With the upscaling, save anywhere feature, and ability to play imports it is tempting. I was thinking about getting one but then another company announced they were making something similar, and it would have a NEC hu card slot as well. Now I'm waiting to see what becomes of that before I decide.

EchoPark

Well most of my systems is in storage but still have most of my games at the house. So to have something like an all in one system would be good. I've heard most good things with some of the wee nags is like what you said compatibility which isn't much of a problem to me and it holds on quite tight to certain carts.

I haven't ordered from FunStock yet so I get that 10% off my first order, may use it to get one. With getting 'My Retro Game Box' I can't play much of the games as I don't keep my consoles on me due to the size of this house lol

Well have to look at that one Shadowrunner, never heard of that one till now.

Gamer/Geocaching/Hockey!

Shadowrunner

zapiy

Yeah, i am doing the same now as i need to downscale my collecting habit lol..

Lorfarius

Ordered one yesterday using the RVG code from here for a discount. I wasn't too tempted before what with all the bad press (early models having dodgy cart inserts) but from what I can tell it was sorted on later ones.  Spent sometime on it at Play recently and it pretty much sold me, got rid of my modded MD to pay for it mind  :16:

Next step will be a Master System/MD adaptor from Retro Towers so I can try all my MS collection in lovely HD.  The biggest thing that's sold me is the thought of being able to play the Japanese version of Enduro Racer with it's extra courses!  Granted it'll be a ROM but saves spending hundreds of pounds on a Jap system.

zapiy

I look forward to your hardware review and podcast review then pal. :113:

Shadowrunner

Cool! Looking forward to your thoughts on the system.

TrekMD

Thought I'd leave this here as it looks at the system...

[align=center:12prre76]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B47w8oJfe8&feature=em-subs_digest[/align:12prre76]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Lorfarius

I'm really excited! Just got my hands on an MD and SNES pad so I'm all set.