New Vectrex Homebrew - Xmas Cart 2014!

Started by TrekMD, December 10, 2014, 01:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Vectrex Gaming Forum member binarystar has been working on a little surprise for Vectrex owners.  A brand new cart for the system with, not one, but two Christmas games!  "Stocking Filler" and "Save The Trees" are these two games to spread the Holiday cheer with vector goodness.  The games will be released in a cart by the end of the week and a free ROM release on Christmas Eve.  The games can only be played effectively using real hardware.  Below is a video of the games in action (excuse the low volume).  I have a test ROM, so expect to see a review of this cart added to the Christmas Reviews page soon.  ;)

[align=center:2d1eiu5n]Vectrex Xmas Cart 2014[/align:2d1eiu5n]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

The game is now available to order at http://www.binarystarsoftware.com/

[align=center:11jztl25][/align:11jztl25]

onthinice

I was thinking the Vectrex needed a clone of Astrosmash. Save the Trees looks like a winner!

Stocking filler seems like a Kaboom clone. That is not a bad thing. Do either of these games have support for the various Vectrex controllers? A trackball would be great but the spinner controller would be fine.

TrekMD

It says they require analog control, so I'm guessing there is no support for other controllers.

onthinice

Thanks!

Both games are a welcome addition to the Vectrex library.

TrekMD

Yes they are and this is actually the first Christmas cart for the Vectrex.  That alone makes it worth getting.  :)

DrRetro

Just saw this forum on twitter, signed up as it looks cool and found this post

Not got any games yet for my Vectrex so going to order one now :)
Follow me on twitter @restoreretro
#1 NES Collector

zapiy

Nice one fella..

Have a look at the Intro section and whack a post in there and tell us a little about yourself.

This game does look awesome i must admit.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: "DrRetro"Just saw this forum on twitter, signed up as it looks cool and found this post

Not got any games yet for my Vectrex so going to order one now :113:

TrekMD

DrRetro

I did post on twitter, I got my cart all wrapped up, really happy with it  :113:
#1 NES Collector

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Mine has not arrived yet, so I don't know.  Maybe, if I got it in soon enough!

DrRetro

Quote from: "zapiy"Did you get a Christmas tree one?

Yeah I got the Christmas tree one :)
#1 NES Collector

TrekMD

Quote from: "DrRetro"
Quote from: "zapiy"Did you get a Christmas tree one?

Yeah I got the Christmas tree one :)

That's cool!