Have we tried a 'lets all play' before?

Started by JoeMusashi, December 02, 2014, 12:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeMusashi

I've had a quick look through the forum but haven't come across anything. That's not to say this hasn't been mentioned or tried before.

I quite like the idea of choosing a game that we all play for x amount of time (say, a month or so..?) and then chatting about how we're getting on with it. Maybe some high scores, achievements, tips etc. Nothing intense as I'm sure we're on limited time generally. It might just provide a nice conversation topic periodically.

I'm not suggesting any competition but you can get competitive if you like I guess.
Games can be suggested as and when.
Any game, any format.
A nice and leisurely approach.

Does that float anyone's boat?

If so this is game one, it ties in with another comp so a double whammy this one.. http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/index.php?topic=4959

zapiy

I really like that idea, i am in for sure. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Sounds good to me! Depends on the game and platform, but it could be a lot of fun :)

WiggyDiggyPoo

Gives me a good reason to finally get around to fixing the emulators on my Xbox.

Game of the week?

JoeMusashi

Well that's a bit of interest, sweet!

It'd be totally open to suggestion regarding what games and systems.
I think I would also suggest something less frequent to begin with. I don't think I'd have enough time to invest in a new game on a weekly basis. Whats the general consensus here?

We'll see if it gathers any more interest over the next couple of days then I'll have a think about some kind of format.

Good be quite good :-)

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

WiggyDiggyPoo

Emulation I think is key here as we all have different collections.

JoeMusashi

Quote from: "zapiy"How about this one. Makes sense?

http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/index.php?topic=4959

Ha, yeah! It's almost like fate, lol. I'll go for that.

I think a general group gaming setup is still a good idea. I won't let that slip.

Shadowrunner

Yeah I'd go for that too! Can anyone recommend a good Intellivision emulator for Android?

zapiy

jzintv4droid appears to be the main one, not tried it yet but i will be.

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

EchoPark

Sounds great! Count me in, give me a reason to play some games I've never tried before :)
Gamer/Geocaching/Hockey!

zapiy

sloan

What if I don't do emulators, but I have tons of systems. Would original hardware still be an option as well?

zapiy

Yeah I don't see why not. In fact that can add an extra element to it.