How much is a Vectrex worth?

Started by zapiy, November 06, 2014, 20:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

I have seen a mint condition one going for £100 (about $130), whats peoples thoughts on what something like this is worth, comes with one game.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

I say grab it! I've seen them go for double that or more, especially in mint condition. That's a great price :113:

TrekMD

Grab it and keep going.  That's a good price.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yep, that happens.  I was talking to someone during CGE who saw a boxed Vectrex with boxed games, etc for $50 and he hesitated to pick it up.  By the time he got back around to where the Vectrex was, it was gone!  Imagine!  That was a "pick up and run with it" moment, not a "let me think about it" moment!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Agreed mate, I was just to slow in the end.

wyldephang

I agree with Trek. But I can still understand why you'd hesitate to jump at the offer. Having acquired several systems in the last few years, and knowing from experience that it's a challenge to learn the pricing tables for new consoles, the best thing you can do is study the selling rates ahead of time and take that knowledge into your next transaction, be it Vectrex or whatever. Funds are limited on my end. I've been known to bargain with sellers for pennies, or even request a discount if I agree to buy other games in a bundle. For me, it's about the thrill of getting a good deal. :) You may have missed one this time, but I still say you were smart to think about it. Remember, hindsight's always 20/20. Better luck next time, Zapiy!
- Ryan

zapiy

I guess I pondered mainly on the fact I have way too much new retro gear hear still not used after purchase. That knowledge is stopping me at the moment and I want to get my first Arcade system going now.. However I am always on the look out for a bargain.