HD Retrovision Component Cables for Super Nintendo and Sega

Started by TrekMD, October 31, 2014, 14:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

The thought of using modern TVs to feed our retro gaming addiction is something many will cringe at. The lack of fidelity in visuals, occasional lag and sometimes seeing no picture all together is enough to leave gamers sticking beside their trusty CRTs. That said, a newly formed accessory manufacturer may finally have the solution to enjoying all the classics on flat screen monitors.

Although they're yet to be released, HD Retrovision's upcoming Super Nintendo and Sega Mega Drive / Genesis Component cables have many gearing up to ditch their monstrous television sets. These new offerings allow classic 16-bit systems to be run on modern displays with absolutely no niggles at all - and of course an improved picture.

Over at HD Retrovision's website are various comparisons showcasing the difference gamers will soon be experiencing, along with more technical details behind the creation of these new cables. While it's unlikely that those infatuated with RGB output will make the move, those of you who have been making do with blurry pictures on flat screen televisions should definitely consider the upgrade to component.

HD Retrovision are hoping to launch a Kickstarter project this weekend to help fund the production of these cables, along with the potential bonus of Sega Dreamcast component cables being made available should the demand be there.

[align=center:v4fumu4b](OLD) Sega Genesis and SNES Component Cable Trailer[/align:v4fumu4b]

Article Source:  RetroCollect
Information Page:  Retrovision

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

That's pretty cool. I'd go for a Dreamcast component cable :113:

TrekMD

Yep, the Genesis and Dreamcast cables would interest me.  :)

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

It's off to a great start and they would be nice to have but they're not cheap! One of each is $70, not sure I want them that bad.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"It's off to a great start and they would be nice to have but they're not cheap! One of each is $70, not sure I want them that bad.

Yep, they are $35.  Pricey. 

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

WiggyDiggyPoo

retromod

what is sooo special to that cable? To solder an AV or RGB cable for MD is not rocket science. The parts are widely available including a circuitry, too.  :39:
(even if rockets these days seems to explode quickly.... )
http://www.konsolen-mod.de for mod showroom and configurator

avick

Another reason for keeping the trusty CRT kicking about is the ability to use light guns the master system 3D goggles