Hello

Started by obriethe1st, October 21, 2014, 14:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obriethe1st

Hi all just like to say thanks for accepting me into this fine forum,my name is jamie,my hair is greying but i still love my games like i did as a kid.Unfortunatley my vice these days is import saturn games and they cost a wee bit more than the budget commodore 64 tape games i played as a nipper.
Anyway just wanted to say the site is great and i look forward to participating in some healthy discussion about our beloved pastime.

Cheers Jamie

Shadowrunner

Welcome, and enjoy the site :)

zapiy

Hello and welcome aboard. Glad you like what we have done here.

We have a collections board so feel free to share images of your collection and view some of ours.

Cheers.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Welcome to RVG!  Glad you decided to join.  As for greying...you're not alone!  LOL 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

AmigaJay

Haha! Join the grey brigade over here too! Well not all grey mind, dont make me feel too bloody old!
Welcome bud!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

obriethe1st

Thanks lads as soon as i get a camera or new phone i shall upload  some nice pics of the collection.I have noticed as the years go by my saturn fetish is getting very expensive and harder to get the titles i want.I also have amiga 500 and 1200,Nes,Snes,gamecube,sega master system,megadrive,dreamcast,atari 7800 and xbox.So il upload some pics of it all.
Glad to be part of this fine community  8) and looking to enjoy some decent banter.

zapiy

Nice one and as i say, nice to have you onboard.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

obriethe1st

I would just like to add if anyone is on ssuk im on that great forum too as Retrolove.

Greyfox

Welcome to the forum fella :113: , hope you like it here so far.

obriethe1st

Cheers greyfox  i have been enjoying the site for a while and thought it was time to stop lurking and introduce myself ;-).It is a great community and i love that the site covers everything from the humble 2600 and atari 8 bit micros upto the mighty dreamcast and everything inbetween.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and it seems the (i am guessing here) average age here seems to be mid to late 30's which is my age group,i can not stand the peurile childish fanboyism(isnt that a terrible word) on a lot of other sites.So glad to be here thanks and i know i will learn things i have no idea about here such as the atari jag cd's i saw in another thread. :1:

TrekMD

Quote from: "obriethe1st"(i am guessing here) average age here seems to be mid to late 30's which is my age group,i can not stand the peurile childish fanboyism(isnt that a terrible word) on a lot of other sites.

Some of us are older than that, I'm afraid.  ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

obriethe1st

Hell i often feel older :1: but when i boot up a game it's as if i'm still a nipper and how many things can we honestly say that about? lol.The main point is this is a more mature site than countless others with younger people like teenagers who seem to think it is appropriate to shout people down because of whatever system they own.I like a nice debate about things and i look forward to engaging in some nice discussions.

zapiy

Thanks for those comments..

Feel free to help spread the word where possible about RVG.