New NES Homebrew - Jim Power: The Lost Dimension

Started by TrekMD, October 17, 2014, 22:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[size=140]The folks from Piko Interactive are bringing Jim Power to the NES. The game will soon be available for pre-order at their site.  This port of the game will feature over 10 different levels and several boss fights. The folks fro Piko have taken the extra step to polish the errors of the SNES version to make this NES more enjoyable rather than frustrating.

Here is a small sneak preview video I made for the game:[/size]

[align=center:1gyh4s51]Jim Power - Lost Dimension NES[/align:1gyh4s51]

[size=140]For more information about the game, visit the Piko Interactive web page and sign up for email notification.  The site is here.

The music in the video is not from the NES version.  To sample the NES version of the music, go here.

[/size]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Looks good :) I have the SNES version which is a great looking game but very frustrating in deed!

TrekMD

Good to see this will be an improvement then.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

That's is looking great. Confused why the music is mixed though?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Wow, well impressed with this for an 8-bit gun'n'run , as I loved Jim Power, so much, that I did my very own review on it on my you tube channel about 3 years on the Atari ST of course :), but they seemed to have captured the feel of the original, I'm wondering what the space ship levels will be like. Kudos.

I think them using the original Amiga music from Chris Huelbeck was based on they either haven't gotten around to doing the music or the music will be different, because the original tune is seriously good and has a lot going on, so that alone is a tall order, I don't don't know what the NES sound hip is capable off, but I'm sure if the graphics and gameplay are as good so should the music.