Author Topic: Review of the Week - Castlevania NES  (Read 1920 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Review of the Week - Castlevania NES
« on: October 10, 2014, 15:58:50 PM »
[align=center:3cqtaibq][size=180]Castlevania[/size]

[size=140]Review by wyldephang[/size]

NES Longplay [020] Castlevania

[size=140]Review Found Here[/size][/url][/align:3cqtaibq]
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Review of the Week - Castlevania NES
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 17:11:02 PM »
I'm a huge Castlevania fan, but only from the 16 bit games and forward. This game and the other NES entries are still great games, but I just find them too difficult and I don't have the patience for them! Great review wyldephang  :)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 04:42:27 AM »
I'll be posting more before the month is over.  :)  I actually haven't played the NES versions of Castlevania, only the GBA versions.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 19:20:47 PM »
Another great review guys, this is a great game and fully deserves to be in anyones NES collection..
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline sloan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 00:14:08 AM »
NES Castlevania is super difficult, only surpassed by Ghosts and Goblins on the system. I only got past Frankie and Igor twice in all the years. Always heard the trick was acquiring holy water, but getting and keeping that proved difficult as well. One of those games I finally gave up on and moved on to better games.

Offline llayboy

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/ukretrozone
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 09:24:34 AM »
I've only managed to complete this once and it took me a number of hours to do. When I saw the castle fall it was an amazing feeling. It truly is an example of NES hard.

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 14:46:39 PM »
Never completed it either, mega hard game which is a huge shame... I call it Chuck Norris Hard.. lol
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 18:51:17 PM »
Quote from: "zapiy"
Never completed it either, mega hard game which is a huge shame... I call it Chuck Norris Hard.. lol

:21:  Maybe a Game Genie would help finish it. 

Offline wyldephang

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 04:03:14 AM »
Thanks, all! I hope you had a great Halloween. The other day, my friend and I booted up my cartridge of Castlevania and tried to get through the game using nothing but our gamer reflexes and skills. We did alright for the first couple of stages, but then some strange glitches started to produce hilarious effects! One stage had us positioned on a bridge above a river. As an enemy approached, I jumped to avoid it, but my character glitched through the sky and appeared underneath the bridge, then plummeted into the water! I've heard about cheap one-hit kills in Castlevania, but that takes it to a new level. ??? Very fun game, nonetheless!
- Ryan

guest5342

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 17:46:28 PM »
Never owned this when the NES was first out but in that age old tradition would let smeone borrow Balloon Fight or Metal Gear forthis one for a week or so.

Modernly like the ones that added RPG elements after SOTN on PS1 better and like the 2d in the series better then the 3d games but my fave series along with Legend of Zelda.

Something I'd collect if I had cash and systems...right now have all three DS games cart only, SOTN greatest hits disc and manual only, GBA double pack cart only and the two PS2 games, one missing manual and the other in a case that was made for Blockbuster video so not original artwork layout on case.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk