[BS006] New ZX Spectrum game: COUSIN HORACE

Started by Corporal Jonlan, October 01, 2014, 14:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corporal Jonlan

Thank you for your kind thought zapiy  :113:
Author of several Spectrum games, a fast tape loading scheme and the Spectrumpedia.

Corporal Jonlan

And now... Cousin Horace gets an update!  :)

• In Chapter 1, you now start with 40 units of health instead of 20, and the medikit gives you 10 units of health instead of 5;
  • Chapter 2 has custom sound effects now;
  • Chapter 3 and 5 have been cleansed of the "ULA Plus bug", a fault in the AGD game designer which caused the game to display false colors under certain configurations, e.g. the ZX Vega;
  • all TZX files (except for the intro) have been customized with the SetoLOAD turbo loader.
The updated game and documentation can be downloaded from my website as usual.

Enjoy!
Author of several Spectrum games, a fast tape loading scheme and the Spectrumpedia.

zapiy

Cousin Horace is now officially going to be released as a Bitmap Soft game.

More info soon.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

RPC_GAMES

Nice work. What time frame did that take to do?
Pete 😀

Corporal Jonlan

Newsflash: A user reported that when loaded on a 128K and later models, sound might get garbled in Chapter 2. I fixed the issue and tested the level to be sure there were no more. Please download the game again, and sorry for the inconvenience.

I also increased lives in that chapter from 5 to 8 to make it a bit easier.

zapiy

Cheers bud, we will get this corrected.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

Corporal Jonlan

Great!  ;D I can't wait to see the final product!

zapiy

Same mate, you do get sneak peaks though being the coder lol.

Corporal Jonlan

More news!

Feedback for the updated game has been positive so far, but a recurring criticism was that the second chapter was too difficult, with many resilient enemies to shoot down. I modified it so that there are a little less of them flying around, and all of them take 2 shots to be destroyed, except for the blimp and the V-1, which only take one. You can download the new package from the usual address on my website.

This updated version will be available on tape from Bitmap Soft as well.

zapiy

Greyfox

zapiy

zapiy