New Atari 2600 Homebrew - Donkey Kong 2: Lost Levels

Started by TrekMD, September 24, 2014, 04:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

CDS Games has created a version of Donkey Kong that essentially includes the two missing screens from the original game.  The game is a hack of Garry Kitchen's Donkey Kong where the ramp and rivet screens of the original have been converted into the elevator and conveyor screens respectively.  This is still in development, so the available binary does have bugs.  Check out the screen shots below and the thread over in Atari Age for the binary and development progress:  Donkey Kong 2: Lost Levels.

[align=center:2loq6buv]

[/align:2loq6buv]

[align=center:2loq6buv][size=80]Posted with permission from CDS Games.[/size][/align:2loq6buv]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Well, work on this has continued and now there is a new version of the original Donkey Kong for the 2600 that includes all four screens!  Try out the attached binary.

sloan

Is this game even going to be offered when DK 2600 will have all 4 levels anyway?

TrekMD

I don't see anyone saying this will be sold.  I think this was just a project of "can it be done?"

sloan

I guess I am hoping that at least one or two of the DK games will be offered for sale in cartridge format. That may be risky though considering the fate of Princess Rescue. Big N don't play.

TrekMD

We'll have to see.  For now they can be played on emulation and/or through a Harmony cart.

Ben

zapiy

Quote from: "Ben"Just the fact that this exists is awesome.   :113:

I have to agree.. just awesome.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD