New ZX Spectrum Homebrew - Godkiller

Started by TrekMD, August 31, 2014, 23:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:2vtc61yx][size=140]Godkiller is a top-down action title for the ZX Spectrum from Spanish retro developer Apsis.  The game places the player in control of a reborn Godkiller and has the goal of avenging his later partner by travelling through space and time.  You must hunt down ten souls and three sacred objects while avoiding tons of enemies along the way.  [/size][/align:2vtc61yx]

[align=center:2vtc61yx]

[/align:2vtc61yx]

[align=center:2vtc61yx][size=140]Godkiller has been released online for free. The game's dialogue is currently in Spanish but an English version is apparently in development.  Download the game binary here:  ZX Spectrum : Godkiller v.1.3.1 (128k).[/size][/align:2vtc61yx]

[align=center:2vtc61yx]Godkiller (ZX Spectrum)[/align:2vtc61yx]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I'm amazed at the stuff that gets made for this computer.  It gets pushed just like the 2600 gets pushed.

zapiy

Very much, I would say these games are now better than the commercial games available at the time.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

That's not surprising.  Programming techniques have improved and people who make homebrews usually spent more time working on these type of games than companies did. 

zapiy

JoeMusashi

This looks great. I'll certainly be checking this out soon. I need to pick up a decent joystick though.

Watching that video, which starts with the game loading, I was sure it would end with R TAPE LOADING ERROR  :21:
Fortunately it didn't.