Pier Solar for Mega Drive... AND Dreamcast! (SOON)

Started by dcultrapro, August 17, 2014, 00:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

Hey gang, one last one I wanted to bring up while I think of it and again, I couldn't find a thread so thought I'd start one, the MIGHTY Dreamcast refuses to die huh!! The gorgeous Pier Solar which came out for Mega Drive on its 20th anniversary and it has since been announced as a HD Remake/rerelease on Dreamcast and many other major platforms.

Has anyone played the Mega Drive version? Do any of you plan to get it when it comes out? I tend to pledge/back these quite early on so my Dreamcast copy has been paid for about a year lol. I'm interested to know what you guys all think of this one, it will probably be too long of a game for me to ever complete but I have to own it, its on DC after all  :4:

http://www.piersolar.com/

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/factory/pier-solar_1/

Classic Game Room - PIER SOLAR and the GREAT ARCHITECTS review for Sega Genesis
Ultrapro on xbox live

TrekMD

We've discussed it and there is a thread talking about it for PC and other systems.  It's OK to have a thread for the Sega systems.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

dcultrapro

cool, I did run a search before posting but couldn't find anything... it does look pretty stunning, gotta support my little white box of joy after all :D
Ultrapro on xbox live

Shadowrunner

I have the MD version, and I backed the Kickstarter for the DC version too  :113:
I haven't finished the game but I did play quite a bit and I really like it.

TrekMD

Quote from: "dcultrapro"cool, I did run a search before posting but couldn't find anything... it does look pretty stunning, gotta support my little white box of joy after all :)

zapiy

For a site we have a high percentage of KS backers.. I missed this one but tend to back most Retro related of late.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I missed the original Kickstarter as well.  At least it can be preordered on their page.  :)

Shadowrunner

Got an email from Watermellon with updates for some of their projects.
Here's the part about Pier Solar,

Pier Solar
We know everyone has been waiting patiently for the final release dates for Pier Solar on Dreamcast and each of the modern platforms. We're in the absolute final stages of bug testing and submissions/acceptance with Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony.

Pier Solar is almost here and as soon as we get our final acceptance (SO soon!!!!), we will announce the final release dates and you'll be playing Pier Solar HD in no time.

As for Pier SOlar REPRINT, REPRINT EP and strategy guide, we are still tweaking our new manufacturing quality control process. We will send a separate news with more details shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Getting close  :113:

Shadowrunner

We have release dates for some of the platforms!

QuoteHi everyone.

We're proud to announce that Pier Solar will be released on September 30th, 2014 for PS4, PS3, STEAM, and OUYA. Development is completed for all remaining platforms. The release dates for Xbox One, Wii U and SEGA Dreamcast will be announced next month, pending certification (Wii U & Xbox One).

Starting on the 30th we'll contact the backers of the above mentioned platforms and provide the download codes. As soon as the Wii U and Xbox One versions get certified we'll contact the backers with those versions to provide the codes. Also, physical versions will take a bit longer due the extra tests necessary on the discs since they can't be patched.

Best regards!
-WM

TrekMD

TrekMD

Got an update email:

Dear TrekMD,

You are receiving this email because you did pre-order either Pier Solar REPRINT, REPRINT_EP, Dreamcast or the Pier Solar Strategy Guide.

We would like to inform that the Pier Solar REPRINT and REPRINT_EP have been successfully manufactured and are now in transit to our distribution points.
If you have preordered either of those items, you will shortly receive another email (probably next week) to let you input your shipping address and trigger its immediate shipment to your home.

For Pier Solar Dreamcast, PC/LINUX/MAC the game is still under final testing at the moment.
The Strategy Guide is still under proofreading at the moment.
If you have preordered any of those items, you will receive another email shortly to let you know of progress.

Please note again:
- We only require your shipping address at shipping time.
- You will decide of the exact timing you want your preorder to be shipped, so you can also wait further to get your Strategy Guide shipped along with your games, it's flexible.
- May the game be sold-out again, your preorder is secured in our stock, please no stress!
For Pier Solar Dreamcast, PC/LINUX/MAC the game is still under final testing at the moment.
The Strategy Guide is still under proofreading at the moment.
If you have preordered any of those items, you will receive another email shortly to let you know of progress.

Please note again:
- We only require your shipping address at shipping time.
- You will decide of the exact timing you want your preorder to be shipped, so you can also wait further to get your Strategy Guide shipped along with your games, it's flexible.
- May the game be sold-out again, your preorder is secured in our stock, please no stress!

Shadowrunner

Ben

I already have this one on the MD, but if ebay snipers don't jack up the Dreamcast version I may get it as well down the road.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Ben"I already have this one on the MD, but if ebay snipers don't jack up the Dreamcast version I may get it as well down the road.

Yeah I have a copy from the first reprint, but I also backed the Kickstarter for the DC version. Looking forward to it being finished so I can compare the two, also never finished the game which I plan to fix!

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC