Let's Compare Rod Land

Started by TrekMD, August 02, 2014, 15:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Rod Land is an arcad game that was released in 1990 by Jaleco.  In the game the player controls one of two fairies called Tam and Rit.  These fairies use a magic wand (or rod) to paralyze their enemies to then kill them by using the magical force-field to slam them.  The gameplay is similar to that of Bubble Bobble.  I can't say I've heard of this game before but it did get ported to a few home systems (mostly computers).  Here is the video looking at them...

[align=center:h0m1f6y3]Let's Compare ( Rod Land )[/align:h0m1f6y3]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

WiggyDiggyPoo

Hello!

One of my fav games, might have to give it a whirl later

Ive played the SNES and Amiga versions, preferred the SNES version I think.

TrekMD

I was quite impressed by the Atari ST and Amiga versions. 

WiggyDiggyPoo

Hmmm I'm confused - I just googled SNES Rodland and it doesnt exist.

I think I played Rodland on an Amiga emulator on my Xbox but my time ravaged brain has morphed that into the SNES version lol

TrekMD

Quote from: "WiggyDiggyPoo"Hmmm I'm confused - I just googled SNES Rodland and it doesnt exist.

I think I played Rodland on an Amiga emulator on my Xbox but my time ravaged brain has morphed that into the SNES version lol

I was wondering why the SNES version wasn't on the video when you said that.   :21:

WiggyDiggyPoo

Quote from: "TrekMD"I was wondering why the SNES version wasn't on the video when you said that.   :113:

Shadowrunner

Never heard of this game before but it looks like a lot of fun. The ST and Amiga versions both look really good. I might have to look for a cart for the NES :)

zapiy

Amiga and ST versions look fantastic. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

WiggyDiggyPoo

Quote from: "zapiy"Amiga and ST versions look fantastic. :113:

Had a bit of a sesh on it the other night and its wonderful fun, some of the enemies are really sneaky plus if you take too long on the level they turn into clouds and you cant use them for extra lives. WHich is extra sneaky lol