[Bitmap Soft - BS001 & BS002] RVG Blast and RVG Blast 2[Atari 2600].

Started by theloon, July 21, 2014, 19:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Rush may be able to get the carts made for us.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Lets do some test runs..

Might as well do a small 20 or so run on this.. I am sure we can get the graphics for the labels redone @Greyfox

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

poundlander

I had a game years ago that used the bones of this.  Made it to cart without problem.

I just don't have a PAL TV to test this on. 

Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

rush6432

Hey guys. I've got access to get a few pcbs made and potentially 3d printed cartridge shells. the rom or bin file is only 2k right?  The AA pcbs are nothing more than a copy of the open-source ones floating around online.

TrekMD

Yes, it is a small game.  There is a label design in here already but it may need to be modified as we have a new version of the game that's a bit different.

Greyfox

Okay, if I can get a description on what I've to changet on this I can knock something up

TrekMD

The first RVG Blast was more about shooting only.  The new one involved picking up happy faces and hearts and shooting death faces and ships.  So, maybe adding some of that into the graphics?  The background is different also.  The instructions read:

Collect happy faces and hearts.
Shoot enemy ships for points.
Shoot death face for points - shooting death face extends your body

A picture is worth a 1000 words...

Greyfox

okay thanks Trek..I'll begin landing troops shortly

poundlander

Quote from: rush6432 on August 29, 2016, 02:58:57 AM
Hey guys. I've got access to get a few pcbs made and potentially 3d printed cartridge shells. the rom or bin file is only 2k right?  The AA pcbs are nothing more than a copy of the open-source ones floating around online.

This RVG Blast is a completely new game.  4k.  I figured that would be the least expensive / simplest option.
Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

Greyfox

Okay I'm beginning to redo the Gfx I originally did for RVG blast, now is that purple face the "Happy face"? And that cyan creature the "Death Face"? And I take it that the purple rectangle is the player? At the bottom ?

Just so I know what I've to do in the scene :)

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: Greyfox on August 30, 2016, 10:11:47 AM
Okay I'm beginning to redo the Gfx I originally did for RVG blast, now is that purple face the "Happy face"? And that cyan creature the "Death Face"? And I take it that the purple rectangle is the player? At the bottom ?

Just so I know what I've to do in the scene :)
The cyan is a ship.  The death face is the same color as the happy face but it is huge.  The purple rectangle is the player.  Here is another image:

Greyfox

Okay, I've had a go, i took the elements from the game screen Trek gave me and recreated from the templates I made 2 years ago now..so with that here are the results..

Cartridge Label

Manual Cover reskin

Cartridge collection mock up

Hope you like the previews, I'm aware that these are NTSC(Label designs?) I have a pal one too with the red strip that Atari ran with nearing the machines end..I've yet to upgrade the images too..

I might not be able to give this more time as I'm knee deep in another project, so if things need changing let me know as soon as you can etc...

cheers.

TrekMD

I think that looks fantastic, GF! 

Greyfox

Thanks fella, I've updated the instructional manual now, as it reading 2014 for Jason's name and is now 2016..

cheers pal :)