[Bitmap Soft - BS001 & BS002] RVG Blast and RVG Blast 2[Atari 2600].

Started by theloon, July 21, 2014, 19:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

That sounds great!  And congrats on that!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Any sneak peaks of this game chap?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

poundlander

Combination of writers block, mother dying and various other things have stifled any progress.

However, a fellow interested in manufacturing and publishing Atari 2600 games in Europe got in contact with me.  You should see if he can successfully make RVG Blast carts.

His name is Roberto and goes by vcsrocks on AtariAge.
Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

TrekMD

Sorry to hear about your mom's death.  My condolences. 

zapiy

Good to see you around mate, real life gets to us all and sorry about your mum, I lost mine recently and its never easy, just a case of cracking on, and funny you should ask, I have someone testing it on harmony and they said this.

QuoteTried on my Harmony and it works the same.. I'm just confused on somethings.. If I go to the left of the wall it kicks me back to the center. The walls tend to get thicker sometimes, etc... I assume the idea is to shot the aliens and avoid any other object?

I have invited him here, should be along shortly.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

TrekMD

zapiy

Yes.. I need to get in contact with the dev, is poundlander still around on AA.

TrekMD

Haven't seen much of him there but maybe shoot him a PM.

poundlander

The first RVG Blast had walls that kill you and reset your progress.  So,
Quote from: zapiy on April 12, 2018, 14:33:29 PM
Good to see you around mate, real life gets to us all and sorry about your mum, I lost mine recently and its never easy, just a case of cracking on, and funny you should ask, I have someone testing it on harmony and they said this.

QuoteTried on my Harmony and it works the same.. I'm just confused on somethings.. If I go to the left of the wall it kicks me back to the center. The walls tend to get thicker sometimes, etc... I assume the idea is to shot the aliens and avoid any other object?

I have invited him here, should be along shortly.

The first RVG Blast had deadly walls that killed you and reset your progress.  The walls take up more and more space on-screen as you progress.

Since Randy (Hozer Video) had trouble making the carts I made the other RVG Blast with the checkerboard background.  That one has no walls - just monsters and bonus objects.
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

TrekMD

Zap, so which version did you want to release?  Either version works but it seems the second one is the only one that can be released in carts.

poundlander

Quote from: TrekMD on December 07, 2018, 02:06:44 AM
Zap, so which version did you want to release?  Either version works but it seems the second one is the only one that can be released in carts.

To be clear (from what I've gathered) only Hozer has tried to make a cart and failed.  Not sure if other manufacturers have been tried out.  It's pretty slim pickings out there so I understand if other options didn't turn up.

But, I guess I should admit that my memory is a bit hazy at this point.  Did we try AtariAge and Albert couldn't get it to work either?

TrekMD

I do not believe Albert has been approached, but I'm not sure if Zap has tried to talk to him about it.

zapiy

Trek can you re add the manual doc please?

Can I ask for the latest NTSC and PAL builds of this as well.

Can I get some testers input too?

Regards

Jamie

TrekMD