Monkey Downfall, New Amiga Homebrew

Started by zapiy, July 19, 2014, 23:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Yes, I'd seen Michael had put up test demos of this game up his yt channel, he also I did a flappy bird release too, very talented coder, artist and musician, should hassle him for an interview :) can't beat a portable Amiga in your pocket now can ya?

TrekMD

I like how they did the physics as the gorilla falls on the platforms.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Yeah it does seem a very accomplished game. Have grabbed it for a play later.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Vyothric

The music is ace, but this counts as a game?  :P

zapiy

Greyfox

The game was written by one person Michael Gibs, who also wrote the music and done the gfx from scratch, and is based on Reboot's game "downfall" for the games comp at a scene event, I can't think of the name.

But I though it was a good little game, nice and simple, but would of liked to be collecting fruit as you dropped down..maybe he's see this and incorporate it in the deluxe version he is said to be doing..who knows :)

dot.fyre

Quote from: "Vyothric"The music is ace, but this counts as a game?  :P

Thinking the same.
Great music. Well drawn graphics.
Tech demo/proof of concept yes. Game? No.

zapiy

If you play it, then to me its a game lol..

TrekMD

Yeah, it's a simple game but it is still a game.  At least, I see it that way.  I like the idea of having the ape pick up fruits as he goes down the platforms.  That's make it more fun.

Greyfox

Quote from: "TrekMD"Yeah, it's a simple game but it is still a game.  At least, I see it that way.  I like the idea of having the ape pick up fruits as he goes down the platforms.  That's make it more fun.

Yes, I mentioned to him when he post a beta preview on his you tube channel, but didn't respond, but he has mentioned that the version now was rushed to get it on show for release party "Solskogen 2014" and promised due to short coming with its creation, this is more Wild Demo and will improve (hoping) the gameplay with more professional elements. I'm hoping he'll take my advice and add this, just grab the fruit from bubble bobble and your good to go, I also think objects that need jumping over delaying you could also add gameplay strategies also to the game..

TrekMD

I can see him adding bonus fruits to pick up, hourglass clocks to slow down the drop, etc. 

zapiy

Great ideas all add to the end experience.