All Your Base Are Belong to Us!

Started by JoeMusashi, June 27, 2014, 19:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeMusashi

Hi,

Just joined. Thought it would be polite to post a quick message here...

I'm into old consoles, anything pre PS1 really. The 16 bit wars being a particular highlight (staunch Mega Drive, for the record).
Machine progression for me has been Speccy, Master System, Mega Drive, Jaguar, PS1, Dreamcast, XBOX, XBOX 360.
Own loads of others that I'm pretty fond of including PCE, Amiga 500, Saturn, SNES.

I'm not a huge Nintendo fan and I will preach the awesomeness of the Mega Drive if provoked :-) (don't worry, I'm not a hardcore Sega fanboy gaylord but I do enjoy the associated banter)

Collection wise, theres nothing major. I am currently aiming for a complete PAL 1988 - 1990 Mega Drive release collection. Nice and simple.

Anyway, I've tried to keep this brief but feel free to comment and I'll hopefully speak to most of you in good time.

Take it easy

TL

Quote from: "JoeMusashi"I'm not a huge Nintendo fan and I will preach the awesomeness of the Mega Drive if provoked

I like you already  :16:

Shadowrunner

zapiy

Welcome aboard there,

Nice into, can i ask how you found us?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

JoeMusashi

Cheers!

Yeah, I don't frequent many forums, mainly just browse and lurk a few sites. Spotted a link to RVG in someones signature (may have been The Laird actually?...) so I had a quick look and thought it looked pretty sweet. Doesn't look like there are many people lording it up on their soap boxes! I can't be doing with that, it puts me off.

zapiy

Thats one thing we try and stop without us being a dictatorship lol...

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

bogstandard

Quote from: "JoeMusashi"Cheers!

Yeah, I don't frequent many forums, mainly just browse and lurk a few sites. Spotted a link to RVG in someones signature (may have been The Laird actually?...) so I had a quick look and thought it looked pretty sweet. Doesn't look like there are many people lording it up on their soap boxes! I can't be doing with that, it puts me off.

There's some law of the universe that dictates if you know The Laird exists you will eventually be drawn into RVG.  I have full confidence scientists will prove this before finding the higgs boson.

TL

Quote from: "theloon"
Quote from: "JoeMusashi"Cheers!

There's some law of the universe that dictates if you know The Laird exists you will eventually be drawn into RVG.  I have full confidence scientists will prove this before finding the higgs boson.

:24: :24:

It must have been GreyFox's sig, I don't have one on RG.

wyldephang

From one newbie to another, welcome to the forum!  The Mega Drive does have a very dedicated fan base, so I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here.  I suppose I could act the part of the Nintendo devotee if you ever want to have a spirited discussion. ;)
- Ryan

TL

Quote from: "wyldephang"From one newbie to another, welcome to the forum!  The Mega Drive does have a very dedicated fan base, so I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here.  I suppose I could act the part of the Nintendo devotee if you ever want to have a spirited discussion. :65:

JoeMusashi

Quote from: "The Laird"It must have been GreyFox's sig, I don't have one on RG.

Yes, it could well have been. I recognise both names. Never-the-less....

Quote from: "wyldephang"From one newbie to another, welcome to the forum!  The Mega Drive does have a very dedicated fan base, so I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here.  I suppose I could act the part of the Nintendo devotee if you ever want to have a spirited discussion. :113: I'll look forward to it. Although, having read a few threads, it looks like I've a lot to learn about the MD myself.  Its actually quite interesting coming across all these new bits of info.

TrekMD

Hi Joe and welcome to RVG!  I can certainly understand your love for the Mega Drive.  I only got a Genesis (I'm in the US) recently and I have been quite impressed with the system.  I've been steadily growing my game collection.  :)  Be sure to check out our reviews section and have fun.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

A hearty welcome to you Joe, glad you've so far being enjoying the site and so we have another Sega fan join the ranks, although I'm a Snes man at heart myself, I do love the Sega stuff on all their platforms , the best of both worlds as they say. And even more welcoming is you have an Amiga machine too.. :36:

All the best

Greyfox™

JoeMusashi

Thanks guys!

Yeah the sites great you know. I've been reading a lot of the past threads.

TrekMD, I've seen some of the recent posts regarding repro Mega Drive games. thats certainly sparked my interest. I'm currently looking at knocking up my own copy of Sonic Megamix. Looks very interesting. What I like about it too is that a lot of the artwork exists for completeness. I like having material possessions.

Greyfox, I do have an Amiga, infact I have 2! A 500 and 1200. Although the 500 gets most usage. Sensi Soccer and Cannon Fodder with a sprinkling of Shadow of the Beast (if only to remind myself what really impressed our generation!)

TrekMD

@JoeMusashi , yes the repros are a way to get some of the rare games for less money.  The artwork that is available online makes is easy to get cases done to give them a more complete feel. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...