New to RVG, saying hello...

Started by Atarius Maximus, June 19, 2014, 01:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atarius Maximus

Hello! 

My name is Steve Engelhardt, I've been an AtariAge Member since 2002 (aka Atarius Maximus over there) and am checking out this site for the first time as TrekMD told me about it in the last week or so.  I've been a long time contributor to the classic gaming community with many thanks to the efforts of many long time members of AA, too many to mention.  Fred Quimby (batari at AA), RevEng at AA, just two of dozens I'm not mentioning.  You can check out all my hacks and homebrews at my personal website bjars.com.

RevEng just created an amazing new development environment for the 7800 called 7800basic that I've been diving into, and I'm working on an adventure game demo (that TrekMD posted about already) and I'm excited about it.  Fred's batariBasic has been a great creative outlet for me for many years and I'm really excited about the possibilities with the 7800.

I look forward to checking out the RVG forums!

Steve

TrekMD

Hey Steve, welcome to RVG!  Glad you decided to join the forum.  I tried checking out your site but I'm getting an error message that says that traffic has been exceeded. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Atarius Maximus

Quote from: "TrekMD"Hey Steve, welcome to RVG!  Glad you decided to join the forum.  I tried checking out your site but I'm getting an error message that says that traffic has been exceeded.

Crap.  Nothing I can do about the traffic exceeded notice other than give my web host more money.  I only get 1GB a month and I've been on a free web host since I started the site in 2006.  It won't be available again until July 1st, unless you want to check out the wayback machine. :(  I haven't had an issue with traffic until 2014, I guess I'm simply getting too much traffic now.

TrekMD

Ah, no worries.  I'll wait until July 1st to check it.  Better check it that same day too if you're having issues with traffic!  :)

Atarius Maximus

Quote from: "TrekMD"Ah, no worries.  I'll wait until July 1st to check it.  Better check it that same day too if you're having issues with traffic!  :(

I'd love to spend the $$$ and get on a better web host but I'm trying to keep my hobby cost-free. :)

TrekMD

Greyfox

Its always delightful to have new members with great talents and expertise joining RVG , love your handle Steve :)

Have a good one.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

64bitRuss

Atarius Maximus

Quote from: "Greyfox"Its always delightful to have new members with great talents and expertise joining RVG , love your handle Steve :)

Have a good one.

Thank you, and thanks to the couple of posts after yours. :)  For anyone interested, the first of the month has passed so my personal website with all my apps, homebrews and hacks is back up.  http://www.bjars.com.

Cryptic33

Hi Steve and welcome to RVG. You should find some common ground here, it's a great community.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks