Would you like another run of BlackOut?

Yes
6 (75%)
No
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 08, 2014, 03:36:26 AM

rush6432

So the thought has crossed my mind to do another small run of Blackout! on cartridge. Ive seen a few looking for a copies over the past few months and years.

I'm not strapped for cash and i don't really need the money but i have been seeing a few want the game and honestly, i see people paying $130 on ebay for CD versions that originally sold for $40-45. Honestly i dont feel thats right but ebayers will do what they will. Our original intentions was never to make it a rare game to have.

As long as we have the ability to make them still id like to keep the option out there for a few to get a copy if they wish. If there is enough interest, we may go through the trouble to make a few more.

For those that have the game already, beat it on hard and you'll get an extra stage to play on the main menu.
also 3*#1 on the title screen gives you the sound test so you can play the music and sfx from the game at will.

If you DONT know what this game is check out the video below. Blackout is a variation on the game lights out with its own quirks. It was our first attempt at a jaguar game.

[align=center:2vmrz2t2]Atari Jaguar - BLACKOUT[/align:2vmrz2t2]

TrekMD

This is cool.  A nice chance for folks how were not able to get the game the first time around.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Jag_Slave

This is more of a new old sock situation.
We will have to create the new carts or cds, and I still have access to a few cart boxes and labels from the last run. I dont think I will be building these for anyone, but I am thinking they will be included as a "do-it-yourself" situation. If not, the carts will be released in the same fashion as Air Cars was in the past.  :113:

rush6432

Quote from: "Jag_Slave"This is more of a new old sock situation.
We will have to create the new carts or cds, and I still have access to a few cart boxes and labels from the last run. I dont think I will be building these for anyone, but I am thinking they will be included as a "do-it-yourself" situation. If not, the carts will be released in the same fashion as Air Cars was in the past.  :113:

Well if anything ill cut the boxes to fit and get them all setup like we did with the last run, or farm them out to be professionally cut/folded.

No sense in skimping really. Unless the box is unwanted, which saves us time and effort on that front.

But anyway, if you are interested please post here and we'll see how much interest we get. If there is enough, we'll go ahead and make a small run of them.

Shadowrunner

I have a cart from the first run, but it's really cool you're considering doing this for those who missed out  :)

zapiy

Nice one fella. Given the money at the time you decide I would be interested.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

I edited your post so the video shows and also added a poll for you.

rush6432

Quote from: "The Laird"I edited your post so the video shows and also added a poll for you.

Awesome, thanks. I did get kind of lazy with that last night when posting.

Forgot to mention the video shown looks the be running on a pal machine. The game was designed for NTSC and pal was an afterthought, thus the reason for some of the odd graphical issues you see in the video.

rush6432

Quote from: "The Laird"I edited your post so the video shows and also added a poll for you.

Forgot to mention the video shown looks the be running on a pal machine. The game was designed for NTSC and pal was an afterthought, thus the reason for some of the odd graphical issues you see in the video. on an NTSC console you wont see these glitches.

TL

Quote from: "rush6432"

Forgot to mention the video shown looks the be running on a pal machine. The game was designed for NTSC and pal was an afterthought, thus the reason for some of the odd graphical issues you see in the video. on an NTSC console you wont see these glitches.

Yes I remember those issues, I was very vocal about it at the time!

rush6432

Quote from: "The Laird"

Yes I remember those issues, I was very vocal about it at the time!

Ive got a fix for it now, but not sure where the source code to blackout! is.. ill have to search around..

Jag_Slave

Quote from: "Jag_Slave"This is more of a new old sock situation.
We will have to create the new carts or cds, and I still have access to a few cart boxes and labels from the last run. I dont think I will be building these for anyone, but I am thinking they will be included as a "do-it-yourself" situation. If not, the carts will be released in the same fashion as Air Cars was in the past.  :29:

avick

Count me in for this one guys!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rush6432

Sounds good. Ill leave this poll up for  a week or so.

tomwaits

If you guys make another mini batch of carts, I'll take one. Just need a little advance notice on price and payment date so I can set money aside...