[size=140]A Backbone game "Marco Gregorio's Adventures to Unusual Places" is now released for your enjoyment!
The game features 5 levels, 3 of them are location levels and 2 are walking levels. The music has been taken from the Sound Terrific MOD compilation with author credits acknowledged in the game. Tiles and sprites were created by Amiman, his friend and heavily modified tiles by Cammy. Sound FX come from Backbone and Amiman.[/size]
[size=140]The game has been tested on A1200 68030 50MHz and it runs fine. To install the game, just decompress it to HD and click on Marco icon. You can read more about the development of the game in the thread on Amibay forum
. A CD32 compatible version of the game has also been made.[/size]
[size=140]Few tips and quirks:
1. Because there is a small problem with Backbone when you die over "Danger Area" like water, you will respawn to the beginning of a level and restart. So, you need to finish the level without dying.
2. I limited fire/throw axe speed, so it's harder to kill enemies, you can't just blast through enemies.
3. You need to collect all items before advancing to the next level.
4. In the Mayan level not all gates open.
5. I used the same fire button to Throw and Open Doors, I found out that assigning keyboard press to open the Door was disrupting the flow of the game. So, you can't shoot next to the door, you need to move away some before shooting.
[/size]Marco Gregorio's Adventures to Unusual Places [Amiga]