Unreleased Atari Jaguar Games

Started by TL, March 28, 2012, 23:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Quote from: "|NFERNO"I think the unreleased "Robotron 2000 or 3D" could be the same or very similar to the released "Robotron X" of Windows 95

If it is true that the development was completed, I would like to see published someday by Telegames the game "Virtuoso", this game, despite its shortcomings... I like it. :)

Yes it was, Robotron 3D was canned on the Jaguar and then released on the PS1 and other formats at Robotron X

Alberto 2K

It's a shame, this Robotron is one of the few remakes of classic games in 3D that deserve to be played. It would have been great to have Robotron on the Jaguar...
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TrekMD

That is a shame indeed.  Did they even start development of the game or did they just decide to not make it for the Jaguar?  It wold have been an amazing game to have for the system and quite an appropriate update on an Atari console.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"That is a shame indeed.  Did they even start development of the game or did they just decide to not make it for the Jaguar?  It wold have been an amazing game to have for the system and quite an appropriate update on an Atari console.

Yes development started on the Jaguar, then it was moved over to the PS1 when it was about 50% complete I believe.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"That is a shame indeed.  Did they even start development of the game or did they just decide to not make it for the Jaguar?  It wold have been an amazing game to have for the system and quite an appropriate update on an Atari console.

Yes development started on the Jaguar, then it was moved over to the PS1 when it was about 50% complete I believe.

Sucks. 

Arethius_RGC

I was thinking

Mad Dog McCree - Unknown / Other versions released
Crime Patrol - Unknown / Other versions released
Who Shot Johnny Rock? - Unknown / Other versions released
Space Pirates - Unknown / Other versions released
Mad Dog 2 - - Unknown / Other versions released
Demolition man - ...

THat means a light should have been released... Anything about this piece of hardware ?

By the way you can update your post about the part 2 Another World was released afterward ;)

TrekMD

You know, Mad Dog would have been a cool game to play on the Jaguar.  I used to play the PC version a while back.  :)

TL

Quote from: "Arethius_RGC"I was thinking

Mad Dog McCree - Unknown / Other versions released
Crime Patrol - Unknown / Other versions released
Who Shot Johnny Rock? - Unknown / Other versions released
Space Pirates - Unknown / Other versions released
Mad Dog 2 - - Unknown / Other versions released
Demolition man - ...

THat means a light should have been released... Anything about this piece of hardware ?

By the way you can update your post about the part 2 Another World was released afterward ;)

It was exactly the same as the 3DO gun:

MadCommodore

Interesting. Looking at World Tour Racing on Jaguar CD (the most sophisticated 3D racing game on the system which is about 15fps on average) I doubt very much those screenshots are of Jaguar Need for Speed or Road Rash because the Jaguar can not handle texture mapped 3D racing games the same way that the 3DO did IMO.

Shame despite many Amiga stock ports Lotus Turbo Challenge series was not one not thought to be given the Jaguar treatment. Imagine those racing games with the Jaguars powerful 2.5D capabilities!

Also would have been great if Afterburner or Powerdrift was done. Afterburner is a reason to own a 32x and that is less powerful than Jaguar.

Shadowrunner

Powerdrift on the Jag would have been very cool!

zapiy

Perhaps someone could do a port one day?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Probably not.  I don't think many of these got too far along in development.

TrekMD

It would be or even if someone completed them.  I think Songbird has a couple of these but they haven't said anything about releasing them.  I think they have them listed as Mystery Projects. 

rush6432

Quote from: TrekMD on September 11, 2016, 14:38:20 PM
It would be or even if someone completed them.  I think Songbird has a couple of these but they haven't said anything about releasing them.  I think they have the listed as Mystery Projects. 

Not sure what Carl has anymore these days, im fairly certain one of them is Bomberman as the source was found to this on a CD-R in the original developers storage/garage i believe. I believe carl was in talks with the original dev/owner of the source. I tried to get a hold of the guy as well and shortly after to see if i could help in compiling or anything really, and all radio silence happened.

Not sure about any others, but FOR SURE, the source to bomberman does exist and is out there and has been recently discovered. Not sure where it goes from here though. It is supposed to be completed or about 90-95 percent there.

rush6432

Quote from: KGRAMR on September 11, 2016, 18:48:05 PM
well,he's busy creating a new Jaguar CD bios for the SD cartridge.

Yah i saw that, its a great solution to ditching the cd unit all together as its high priced or hard to find unless you know where to get them. Ive never had problems with any of the ones i've owned other than typical laser issues which could be repaired easily if you are a hands on person that doesn't mind taking things apart. Most aren't however and just want it to work which i can understand.

My only problem with this would be piracy... Its a touchy subject for anyone but, i'm sure as reboot is just finding out now, people give ZERO Fucks morally when it comes to making a profit off of work that isn't there own. Its kind of something i've been saying for a while but i was told just to shut-up about it basically.  Obviously Storm Works and Reboot have our Major differences but one thing i think they are starting to see is what we were talking about for a while. Its now starting to surface and this kind of crap pushes devs away from making games and being more suited to
putting DRM like mechanisms into their software or be very closed off as to who gets content as a few want to profit from it (ride the coat-tails) by doing it illegally and without permission or consent.

Hate to say it but the SDCad with jag-cd bios will encourage more of this kind of thing as you are bringing more cd units to the masses so to speak. This means more copies of games being played that are cd based but... most aren't going to buy a physical CD anymore because its just not going to work, thus ripping ISOS to load onto SD card. This is where it gets VERY grey.....There is no control over where this image will get posted, its morally up to the person utilizing it not to do something like post it or sell access to it. Most will share them around freely as its easy to do at this point and its a common thing these days, but this basically screws the developer out of any sort of compensation for their time working to bring something to the system in the first place.

It may come down to etching peoples names and addresses into the game release and displayed on screen so that if its dumped you are publically shamed for it. Wouldnt hurt to hash the binary or program so that if someone tries to tinker with it, and change the name that it breaks the game and it wont load...

Anyhow...

/soapbox

Overall though, the sd card idea is a great solution. Long overdue, but has its drawbacks from a developer standpoint, but great concept overall.