Your Top Ten Games Of All Time.

Started by guest5197, May 10, 2014, 22:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest5197

What are your top ten games of all time for any console/system.
And why is the game in your list?

TrekMD

Quote from: "MetalGear1999"What are your top ten games of all time for any console/system.
And why is the game in your listO0

Hmm, that will require a little thought.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Okay, I'll give this a shot. This is more or less just off the top of my head, and I'm too lazy to list why they're my favourites  :21: Maybe I'll add that later but for now just the list, and not in any specific order.

Shadowrun - Genesis
Castlevania SOTN - PS1
Doom - Multi
Super Mario Bros. - NES
Kings Field 2 - PS1
Kings Field: The Ancient City - PS2
Road Rash - 3DO
Samurai Shodown - Neo Geo
Demon's Souls - PS3
Dark Souls 2 - PS3

TL

Almost an impossible thing to list but I will go with (in no order):

Streets Of Rage 2 - Sega Mega Drive
Missile Command 3D - Atari Jaguar
Tempest 2000 - Atari Jaguar
Solaris - Atari 2600
Sensible Soccer - Sega Mega CD
Sega Rally - Sega Saturn
Crazy Taxi - Sega Dreamcast
Pit-Fighter - Sega Mega Drive
Robotron 2084 - Atari Lynx
STUN Runner - Atari Lynx

I have only included retro games and didn't include any arcade games and made it console games only to make my choices a bit easier!

WiggyDiggyPoo

Well after a good think, 3 from the oldest systems I played each:

Amstrad CPC
Chucky Egg
Roland on the Ropes
Oh Mummy! (based on the music alone!)

Amiga
North and South
Frontier Elite 2
Hired Guns (multiplayer)

PC
Half Life (plus expansions e.g. Blue Shift)
Flight Unlimited
Sim City 4

And last but not least, favorite of all time - Fallout 3 with over 400 hours played and given I've just started another play through i'm quite possibly addicted to this lol

TrekMD

OK, so I've decided to come up with a list based on the consoles I own and avoiding arcade ports and homebrews.  Making up this list is nearly impossible! 
  • Escape from the Mindmaster - Atari 2600 with SuperCharger
  • Pitfall II - Atari 2600
  • The Dreadnaught Factor - Atari 5200
  • Ninja Golf - Atari 7800
  • Thunderforce III - Sega Genesis/MD
  • Thunder Castle - Mattel Intellivision
  • Diner - Mattel Intellivision
  • Tempest 2000 - Atari Jaguar
  • California Games - Atari Lynx
  • DuckTales - NES

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Ben

This is really tough, every time I do one of these it ends up being different.  But still, a great reflection I think as more time gives you better perspective on these games and their place in history.

1.  Xenogears (PSX) - A flawed game for sure, but as an RPG fan, I feel like this game pushed the envelope farther than any before it.  Dual battle systems, unbelievably well rendered 3d for the PSX, fantastic sci fi story with influences from philosophy.  Then you add on what I think is the greatest videogame OST and Mitsuda's best work.  One of the things I hated about Phantasy Star dying out was the lack of a good Sci Fi oriented RPG with a complex plot, and suddenly this game came out of nowhere, putting the RPG world on its head.

2.   SMT:  Devil Summoner (Saturn, import only):  This was the first RPG I had played in a realistic, modern setting, with horror elements.  Couple that with a fantastic plot, great music, and it's one of the greats and my #1 Saturn import.

3.  Lunar 2:  Eternal Blue (Sega Saturn MPEG Edition):  This was the height of Game Arts, for me.  A classsic dungeon crawler with incredibly well done anime cut scenes, a great OST, and proof that the Saturn MPEG card add on wasn't a waste after all.

4.  Phantasy Star IV (Genesis/Megadrive):  To me, this game pushed the Megadrive to its limits (supposedly it was going to be a CD game and that was scrapped, meaning they had to make it work only on a cart).  The soundtrack proved the Megadrive could do music as well as the SNES even without the CD add on, while the plot, anime inspired character designs and the depth of the gameplay made it one of the all time great RPGs.

5.  Shadowrun (Megadrive/Genesis):  Unique sci-fi/fantasy story set in the near future, great gameplay, this one really stands out from standard JRPG fare.

6.  Tempest 2000 (Atari Jaguar):  Even now, my favorite game on the Jaguar.  Given all the Atari fans here I think it needs no explanation, but the soundtrack is one of all time greatest.  I need to pick this one back up, keeping the Saturn version over the Jag was a bad move.  >_<

7.  Darius 2 (Master System):  Still one of my all time favorite shumps, obviously the arcade version is superior, but this is the version I grew up with.

8.  Astra Super Stars (Saturn):  A fantastic, underrated fighter by the equally underrated Team Santa Claus at Atlas.  Hilarious, beautifully animated characters, fantastic battle mechanics, and great music make this my all time favorite fighter on any console.

9.  King of Fighters 97 (Arcade, Saturn):  My all time favorite SNK game, I wasted way too many quarters on this one during the last days of my local arcade.  Fantastic mechanics and all your favorite SNK characters, what's not to like?

10.  Musha (Megadrive):  Still one of the all time great shmups.  It's hard to appreciate now, but it was revolutionary to get a shmup that played this well on the Megadrive at the time.

Arethius_RGC

Whoa that´s the one million question. Ok I'll try toi answer it.

1. REZ (PS2):

Just an amazing. I discovered it on a TV called Level One (the animator plays the first level of a game). And when I saw it I said I need this game. I was able to buy it for 10€ when a great super market was discounting it. And I played it over and over I still need to get 100% shoot down at the last area. I unlocked the First Person view.

I also got the japanese version with the trance/dildo vibrator. When it came on Xboxlive arcade It was just natural to buy it and I bought Child of Eden of course. I only miss the Dreamcast version but it does come up at a decent price :102:

9. Castlevania Symphony of The Night (PSone):

I discovered the game when it came out, I sawt ion a gaming shop and bought quite rapidly... MAde the huge mistake to sell it thinking it would be easy to find again....
I directly loved Alucard , the music, the sotry, the graphic, I discovered 200.3 % of the map still try to completed the 200.6% and I discovered that every enemy can drop up to 2 different kind fo Itme So I need to discoverer them and to push my Fearies up to level 99.
I bought the Saturn version and I bought it again on XBLA...
Tell me doc Am I alright ?  :D and it is funny to see that some point that fans hated about those games went to Street Fighter 4 and where celebrated has nice innovations  :105: ? That totally rocks  :111: I even love the graphic that give the impression of a small resistance faction hy-jack a enemy weapon but doesn ot have the technicians to optimize the screen display so the graphic are only gorraud shadowed.

Only downside of the game no muti player support. A Jag-Link optiuon would have been nice.

- Thunder Force V (Psone)

I always loved the Thunder Force serie but this one is my favorite. I bought it in japanese version (didi not knew at the time it also came in the USA) and played over and over.

I love the gameplay, the boss fights, even the story behind it.

Got a funny story about me and the game. Once I finsihed it and I wrote GUYME instaed oif GUYOME in the Hi-score Table... It was my third best score... Well I played over and over until the 'GUYME' disapeared fro mthe Hi-score table. 

Alberto 2K

Ninja Golf Trek? A very fun and unique game!

It's very difficult to say just 10 games... Here's my list although I could include several more:

- Super Metroid (SNES)
- Samurai Shodown 4 (Arcade)
- Art of Fighting (Arcade)
- Tempest 2000 (Jaguar)
- Battlesphere Gold (Jaguar)
- Metal Slug (Arcade)
- Super Mario World (SNES)
- Another World (Jaguar has the best console version but I love any of it)
- Super Street Fighter II (Arcade)
- Snow Bros (Arcade)

I can include at least 30 more but I can play this 10 anytime.
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

64bitRuss

This used to be an easy thing to write up 10 years ago, but well, I just keep playing more and more games and the list gets more difficult. No explanations here, just a top 10:

1) Tempest 2000 (Jaguar)
2) Defender 2000 (Jaguar)
3) Bioshock (X360)
4) NBA Hangtime (N64)
5) Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
6) Super Pac-Man (5200/Arcade)
7) Panzer General 2 (PC)
8) Breakout 2000 (Jaguar)
9) Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
X) Rambo III (Genesis)

Arethius_RGC

Lots of Jaguar games nice :D

Send cia Iphone/ Tapatalk

guest5190

ZX81 - 3D Monster Maze

Spectrum - Gunship

Atari ST - Elite

Atari Jaguar - Aliens Versus Predetor

Super Nintendo - Mario Kart

Playstation 1 - Future Cop

PC - Battlefield 2142

GameCube - Zelda Windwaker

3DS - Mario Kart 7

Wii U - Mario Kart 8 (I know it's not out yet, but the previews looks AWESOME!

Mire Mare

Very tough call to name 10 off the top of my head but here they are. 

Elite - Beeb
Tetris - Gameboy
WOTEF - C64
Maniac Mansion - C64
Street Fighter II - SNES
Gunstar Heroes - MD
Streets of Rage 2 - MD
Suspended - C64
Impossible Mission - C64
Shining Force - MD

No doubt I will be forgetting numerous games I'm very fond of and even if I haven't, next week I could give a different 10!

zapiy

Got to be one of the hardest questions for anyone to answer but i will have a bash.

This are in no particular order, More 10 of my Fav games.

Xenophobe - Atari Lynx

Hero's Quest - Amiga

Alien Breed - Amiga

Kane - Spectrum

R-Type - Spectrum

Goldeneye - N64

Neo Geo Pocket colour - Metal Slug 1st Mission

Sega Rally - Sega Saturn

NHL 94 - Megadrive

Street Fighter II - SNES

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest5204

Ouch it's very difficult to pick a top 10 out of all the games and consoles I've played. I'm going to try to pick one from every major console I've owned excluding the current and previous generation. Here goes:

- Doom (Jaguar): Doom is one of my all time favorite games. I've played through Doom countless times and on many different platforms, but I prefer the Jag version. I have it on 360 arcade and although I like it there's something about the Jag versions gritty look that reminds me of the old DOS Doom. That and I also like the Jag's keypad for weapon switching.

- Faxanadu (NES): I love sidescrolling adventure/RPG/platformer hybrids and Faxanadu is one of my favorites. Lots of good memories about wing boots and red potions. Loved how your character would get armored up as you upgraded to different weapons and armor.

- Cadash (Turbografx/PCE): While I'm talking about loving games like Faxanadu, Cadash is probably my favorite Turbo game. Same kind of game almost, based on the arcade version but actually better on the turbo. Nice hack and slash gameplay with colorful graphics and large sprites.

- Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis): The original is still my favorite even if the sequels might be technically better. Sega hit the jackpot with their mascot and the game seemed to highlight everything that made the Genesis different than the competition.

- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES): Damn hard to pick an SNES game but the honor would have to go to Zelda. A classic game no matter what, it's been one of my favorite and most replayed SNES games ever. Nintendo took the classic formula of the original NES game and just turned it up to 11 on the SNES.

- Panzer Dragon II Zwei (Saturn): One of the most impressive looking games on the Saturn. I love the intricate designed world of the Panzer Dragoon series and Zwei is probably the best.

- Resident Evil (Playstation): Hands down easy choice for the PSX and one of my favorite games of all time. Revolutionized the survival horror genre and scared the hell out of me a number of times too! The sequel might be bigger and technically better but I'll always love the original.

- Mario 64 (N64): It's hard to argue with this games brilliant design. I've played through it a bunch of times including on the DS and it's just as fun each time. Mario 64 was the main reason to buy an N64 back then and it was all the reason it needed honestly.

- Halo (Xbox): it helped Microsoft become a major player in the console market and it's one of my favorite first person shooters. So many great things to mention about this game but what always sticks out is how much fun it was to co-op through the campaign. Jumping into a warthog and driving off with a buddy manning the turret was such a good feeling. Good times.

- The Empire Strikes Back (Atari 2600): The first game I ever owned. It was given to me alongside the atari 2600 jr for my birthday and I've been an addicted gamer ever since. It's been so long ago but I still remember that night and other late nights shooting down endless waves of walkers.