The Sega Game Gear System.

Started by zapiy, May 22, 2015, 14:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

That looks really cool.  Molded after the Master System but smaller. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

WiggyDiggyPoo

Is it a new system? Unreleased? The link is all in japanese so I cant tell!

Shadowrunner

I used translate on that page, which isn't the greatest, but it looks like a homebrew effort.

QuoteNote * This is the home page just to tell a pleasure to own
sales and production request of the production does not accepted at all.

That was at the bottom of the page. Very cool project but not for sale :(

zapiy

Yes it appears to be a one of homebrew effort but wow what an effort..

Looks official.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

It does look official.  I think it would sell well if they decided to do so!

EchoPark

Looks brilliant and so professional done. I guess that comes with living in a age where machines are cheaper to rent or buy.

Kinda makes me wish I can find one of my working Game Gears now to have a play.
Gamer/Geocaching/Hockey!

WiggyDiggyPoo

One off for him and a friend, good work by the builder. Its also not for sale or production request at all and from the (badly) translated page I read I hink he's bored of being asked :21:

Akuza

This would be amazing to have, the real question is why didn't Sega do a game gear player, similar to Nintendo's Gameboy player?

Sounds silly saying it now, but id love one, or at least someone to make a game gear player for the mega drive.
Currently collecting:- PC Engine, mastersystem, mega drive and CDi.

TrekMD

It's been a while since something got posted here about the Game Gear, so I thought I'd share this video...

Dreamcast Gamer

Quote from: Akuza on May 23, 2015, 16:42:04 PM
This would be amazing to have, the real question is why didn't Sega do a game gear player, similar to Nintendo's Gameboy player?

Sounds silly saying it now, but id love one, or at least someone to make a game gear player for the mega drive.
The reason one never came out is due to the color palette and stereo sound of the Game Gear.  The Master System has a palette of 64 colors, whereas the Game Gear has 4096 (both can display 32 colors at a time).  The Master System also doesn't support stereo sound.  The Genesis has stereo, but still has less colors.  I'm sure it'd be possible to include any extra hardware required inside an adapter, no one has even bothered to try.  I'd love to see it happen though.