Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Hi all
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 10:43:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum  Azzer2000, yeah the MegaCD was a great edition and extended life of the Mega-Drive, even though I never owned one, thanks to emulation that for me is no longer a problem and check out these classic games and what I love about it was it wasn't simply FMV video clips added as an intro, like most of the games on the CD32, a1200 games with a simple FMV at the start and end, does not make an exclusive CD-rom title.

but if I can recommend "Policenauts" or "Snatcher" to be exactly what I'm talking about, you probably already know, but great that you've joined us here and your 20 posts away from our download section, which has some brilliant and exclusive stuff for regular members especially created by some of us here as a thank you for your continued loyalty to RVG.

Enjoy your stay and don't be afraid to ask about anything, we have a great collection of experts (well so called experts lol) to help if you need it :)

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 11:22:37 AM »
Quote from: "Azzer2000"
Ha yes I never had a jaguar. I will get round to playing some emulated games on it though to see whaI missed out on. One of the few consoles  i never had.
It is a great machine with some fantastic games (ok, not many) that were truly amazing for their time. I'm not sure if the love for this console can be experienced through emulation since most are poor (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong). That said, it is an expensive system to collect.

There are a number of very well informed people on this site regarding all systems but Laird is a good chap who knows a little about Atari and the Jaguar specifically :)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

guest5189

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »
Ah thanks! And yes I will definitely have at least a look on YouTube at the jaguar games if I can't get them to work properly on an emulator.

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 13:08:10 PM »
Quote from: "Azzer2000"
Ah thanks! And yes I will definitely have at least a look on YouTube at the jaguar games if I can't get them to work properly on an emulator.

Virtual Jaguar probably has the best compatibility but it's still not great. For example Doom doesn't work on VJ, but it does work on Project Tempest.

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 13:40:31 PM »
^^ told you he was a nice chap :15:
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal