Let's Compare Missile Command

Started by TrekMD, April 13, 2014, 01:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Quote from: "arcadehero"I wonder, could Oculus Rift be hacked to work with MCVR or vice versa?

Interesting thought actually! I am sure this would be possible to do with emulation or something.

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "arcadehero"I wonder, could Oculus Rift be hacked to work with MCVR or vice versa?
That would be great, Oculus Rift really looks nice, I'll wait to read reviews of it when released but I think I will end up buying it.
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

guest5175

I have a friend that spent a ton of money on building some awesome new PC rig (he says about $6000) and he also bought an OR dev kit. He's been running arcade emulation on it so perhaps when I drop by I will have to try it out and see what happens.

TrekMD

Damn, that has to be some machine if it cost him $6000 to put it together.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Nurmix

Quote from: "The Laird"...also just realised that he missed the Atari ST version out of this video...

Wow, that's quite good! I never played this on my ST (not sure how I missed it). Gonna have to get a copy. I'm guessing the two missile bases are left and right mouse button presses.

The Jaguar "classic" version looks sweet as well - not sure about the 3D version though. Looks tough to play.

TL

Quote from: "Nurmix"
Quote from: "The Laird"...also just realised that he missed the Atari ST version out of this video...

Wow, that's quite good! I never played this on my ST (not sure how I missed it). Gonna have to get a copy. I'm guessing the two missile bases are left and right mouse button presses.

The Jaguar "classic" version looks sweet as well - not sure about the 3D version though. Looks tough to play.

Yep, two mouse buttons.

The Jag version is very easy to play actually, I think you would be surprised.

Nurmix

Quote from: "The Laird"Yep, two mouse buttons.

If only I'd held onto my Jag. Hmm.. maybe it's time to pick up another..

I still have a controller, as I used to use that for certain STE and Falcon030 games.

TL

Quote from: "Nurmix"
Quote from: "The Laird"Yep, two mouse buttons.

If only I'd held onto my Jag. Hmm.. maybe it's time to pick up another..

I still have a controller, as I used to use that for certain STE and Falcon030 games.

IMO it's the best game on the Jaguar and worth buying the system for, especially if you are a Missile Command fan.

TrekMD

The Jaguar version is excellent!  I'm sure you'd enjoy it Nurmix. 

TL

[align=center:3jaohq1g]Just recently I bought this version off Xbox Live for the princely sum of £2  :16:

Missile command - New and old version XBOX Live arcade[/align:3jaohq1g]

TrekMD

I like the look of that new version.  Nice modernization of the original.

davyk

Loved Missile Command in the arcade. The only version I have played that is as good is playing it via MAME with a mouse and 3 buttons on the keyboard.

2600 version is admirable though.

I quite like the look of the Jaguar version - pity it doesn't have the little mushroom clouds the 2600 version has when the cities are hit.

TL

[align=center:15zxslwg]I just discovered this clone for the A8, really need to give it a try!

Air Attack for the Atari 8-bit family[/align:15zxslwg]

TrekMD

That looks pretty cool.  I like the pseudo 3D they did with the buildings.