The Evolution of Computer Games: From 1970′s to the Modern E

Started by TrekMD, April 09, 2014, 22:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I saw this article recently and figured it would be an interesting one to share.  Here is the intro from the article...

[font=georgia:21ilu8ne]Over the decades, there has been a tremendous amelioration in the development of graphics for video games. The earliest videogame development techniques were based on text-based procedures. Vector graphics came out to be another technology to develop video games. It wasn't until the evolution of the 2D and 3D graphics techniques that the video game developers were able to create complex and more indulging gaming experiences for the audience to wallow in. Covered here is the timeline progress of the videogame development techniques that revolutionized the gaming experience over the decades.[/font:21ilu8ne]

[align=center:21ilu8ne][/align:21ilu8ne]

[align=center:21ilu8ne]The full article can be found here:
[size=140]The Evolution of Computer Games: From 1970′s to the Modern Era[/size][/align:21ilu8ne]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

Amazing to me, seeing how far video games have come over the years. Pong is so simple but still it brings a smile to my face, thinking of how cool it was to play it for the first time. That makes it priceless!

TrekMD

Yes, it is impressive indeed how things have changed.  One cool thing about the article, which I did not mention, is that it links to web-based versions of the games it lists.  :)

DZ-Jay

Hi, TrekMD,

If there's a link in your post, it is not working in Tapatalk.  Can you check it or repost it?

Thanks!

TL

Quote from: "DZ-Jay"Hi, TrekMD,

If there's a link in your post, it is not working in Tapatalk.  Can you check it or repost it?

Thanks!

It works on a PC fine, it's the big text under the image

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"

Thanks!

Hey DZ.  What Laird said.  Does that not work on Tapatalk? 

DZ-Jay

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "The Laird"

Thanks!

Hey DZ.  What Laird said.  Does that not work on Tapatalk?

No, it does not.

TrekMD

DZ-Jay

Quote from: "TrekMD"So, the links don't work in Tapatalk? That sucks.

Links usually work in Tapatalk, but this one in particular is not.  Can someone repost the link without styles or embellishments?

This is what I see:

TrekMD