Any love for the Gamecube? (2grundies GC collection)

Started by guest5156, March 21, 2014, 22:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

To be fair I am guilty of not really reading this thread correctly, I was on my Xperia Z and the pics didn't load quickly enough for me when I was reading so I just kept scrolling, but now I am at my pc I can see the pics in their full glory and wow, that is a pretty awesome collection. I have a silver gamecube and 2 controllers, about 14 games and a gameboy advance so mine is pretty mini by comparison lol, but yeah it is a nice little console
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

davyk

Splendid collection. GC is close to being my favourite console. Love that orange/spice console...

I have that special edition of Castle Shikigami 2 as well- lovely game. I use a Freeloader to play it and I have noticed when I play it on my PAL Wii I can play it in 480p as my Wii is hooked up via component. Just hold down B when booting the game to activate 480p mode - works with most NTSC GC games.

Ben

Cool collection, the Gamecube is one system I need to collect for.  It's actually the system I bought when the DC died in the US, so it has a special significance for me, also.  In particular, the remake of the original Resident Evil on the GC is my favorite game in that series, the tank controls (which I think actually add to the atmosphere and fear factor) are probably why it doesn't get more love.  I am also a huge fan of Monolith Soft, and Baten Kaitos Origins is a hugely underrated game for that consle.

wyldephang

That's an awesome collection you've got there. :) I do think the GameCube is an underrated system, especially considering it had to compete with PS2 sales. Some of the more artistically impressive games of that generation are found on the GameCube, like Super Mario Sunshine and Resident Evil. It's also worth mentioning, from a collector's standpoint at least, that many GameCube games have skyrocketed in value. I'm hoping to build my own collection little by little.
- Ryan

Mr1280

I've only recently picked a gamecube up at a car boot.
And just bought a few games. I payed more than I ever pay for games to get starfox assault as I love those games I also bough
Metroid prime
Donkey konga
Star Wars rogue leader
And a sonic one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bogstandard

Played Mario Sunshine and got annoyed with it.  Gamecube spent the rest of its days as a Gameboy Advance :p

davyk

Sunshine didn't click with me.When I first got it I actually traded it in - first time ever for a Mario game with me. I got it again several years later and liked it better but I still haven't spent any serious amount of time with it.