Author Topic: Atari Jaguar CD+G  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
Re: Atari Jaguar CD+G
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 13:26:16 PM »
Ok, been a while since I looked at this but I will be updating this thread in a few weeks. I can confirm that the Jag does a great job of playing CD+G discs and in that respect fulfills the sales blurb. This means that, for karaoke fans, you can practice without the expense of a dedicated karaoke machine. Ironically, back in the day when karaoke machines were very expensive, had Atari developed the system to allow one or more microphones to be connected, the console would have had a proper dual function. This reminds me of the Falcon which was capable of using the latest recording software at the time, making the computer a realistic machine for budding musicians at a fraction of the cost of dedicated equipment.

Anyhow, I will upload a series of pictures. No promises, but maybe a short video also. I may also put together a short guide to using the Jag as a home karaoke/entertainment system as this feature has never, to my knowledge, been explained or even used.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Offline Saturn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?s=c827a7b611daaaf555722b332b1b9a2c&act=idx
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 16:34:02 PM »
I may also put together a short guide to using the Jag as a home karaoke/entertainment system as this feature has never, to my knowledge, been explained or even used.
Awesome, man. Looking forward to this 8)

Offline JoeMusashi

• Asterisk...?
  • Global Moderator
  • Be happy, drink beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 23:03:35 PM »
The burning question is............What you gonna sing???!!!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 00:32:08 AM »
Looking forward to seeing more....
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Saturn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://jaysmith2000.ipbhost.com/index.php?s=c827a7b611daaaf555722b332b1b9a2c&act=idx
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 02:40:22 AM »
The burning question is............What you gonna sing???!!!
I'm thinking some Unforgiven II by Metallica 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Bn_kD6QN4

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 11:21:11 AM »
You guys are so funny 😅 Just give me a couple of weeks lol all will be made clear, promise 😉
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal