New Atari Lynx Hombrew - Shaken, not stirred

Started by TrekMD, March 15, 2014, 16:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:3edvswls]Atari Age user karri has released a new homebrew title for the Atari Lynx!  The name of the game is Shaken, not stirred

The mission, should you choose to accept it, is to preserve World peace by disarming a ticking bomb. Unfortunately the location of the bomb as well as the instructions of how to disarm it is not known. The bad guys are not too happy about your interaction with their plans. The gals on the other hand may, or may not help you.

The controls are simple. You use only the joypad and two fire buttons throughout the game. 

Keep track of where you have been...

BioScan is a new invention by K. Careful - don't break it.

Find the bomb and disarm it. You got about 10 minutes.

Build up your strength by single targets before going in for larger mobs.

The code of the game is only 64k. There are two versions available 128k ROM and 256k ROM with appropriate block sizes.  The content is the same in both.  This entry was created as part of the 7 day rogue-like challenge.

The game is free. You can make carts of it if you like or copy it to your tablet or phone or whatever.

Check out the original thread and binaries here:  Shaken, not stirred.

The game sources can be found here:  https://bitbucket.org/karri/shaken

[size=80]Posted with permission from karri.[/size][/align:3edvswls]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

You beat me to posting this, looks great. Can't wait to try it out on my flash card!  :16:

TrekMD

I put together a short manual based on what he posted on AA.  I'm having him check it to make sure my corrections don't change he wanted to say. 

TrekMD

Here is the PDF with the instructions for the game...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Here is the PDF with the instructions for the game...

Excellent!  :16:

TrekMD

An updated binary has been posted.  I'm attaching it here...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"An updated binary has been posted.  I'm attaching it here...

Will finally get round to playing this next week when I am off work.