Horace To The Rescue - New Sinclair ZX Spectrum Homebrew!

Started by TL, February 18, 2014, 16:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:1yngmv8v]
[/align:1yngmv8v]

[size=140]Horace To The Rescue is a lost game in Melbourne House's cult Horace franchise. The game was announced and talked about in several magazine of the time but never appeared and no source code or designs have ever been found. So World Of Spectrum member Steve Broad (AKA Wiper 2001) set about making his own version of this mythical game late last year. He spent 2 months writing his own rendition of Horace to the Rescue. He decided to fill the unfinished gap and based his version on the same formula as the original games, keeping the gameplay and everything else simple while trying to make it addictive for the perfect recipe. He ran out of memory near the end of development, so I was only able to fit in 15 levels. But he is planning a sequel![/size]

[size=140]The game has been released for free to play on real hardware or on your favourite emulator. You can read more about the development of this game in the World Of Spectrum thread. We will bring you more news on the sequel as soon as it appears! You can also watch a video of the game in action below.[/size]

[size=240]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size]

'My Rendition' of Horace To The Rescue (ZX Spectrum)

Carlos

Thats really Cool, just played it.

Thanks for posting this.

TL

Quote from: "Carl"Thats really Cool, just played it.

Thanks for posting this.

No worries! I like the way they kept the spirit of the original game.  :16:

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC