Dimo's Quest - New Atari XL/XE Homebrew!

Started by TL, February 24, 2014, 16:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest5112

One step further: moving monsters :-)

They can have more than 3 colors - but of course, they still need to be drawn by Tobias :-)
(as this is only a test-shape)

TL

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

guest5112

A little update: the scorebar is ready to display the stuff needed...

guest5112

There are just a few weeks left for the deadline of the abbuc software contest - so you might have a look to level one and two...

New video on youtube: 

http://youtu.be/sltx5nNmsys

Have fun

Thomas

TrekMD

This looks really good!  Is it a game that can be ported to the Atari 5200?

guest5112

I do not know the EXACT differences between the 8 bit Computer and the 5200 (the Sound, obvious), but it should be possible...

why you ask?

TrekMD

Quote from: "8Bitjunkie"I do not know the EXACT differences between the 8 bit Computer and the 5200 (the Sound, obvious), but it should be possible...

why you ask?

Just in case you may be interested in porting it over to the console.  ;)

TL

Quote from: "8Bitjunkie"I do not know the EXACT differences between the 8 bit Computer and the 5200 (the Sound, obvious), but it should be possible...

why you ask?

The only real differences are the analogue controllers and the RAM, the 5200 only has 16k so that is probably going to cause you problems.

guest5112

Oh, than it is not possible, sorry.

My game needs nearly all RAM between $0700 and $BFFF, so no chance to port over to the 5200 without a complete redesign

What a pity :-(

guest5112

But i have plans to port Dimo's Quest to more platforms next year.

There will be ports to

* Windows / Mac OS / IOS / Android (done by myself)
   * C64 (done by Ernst Neubeck)

If anyone is interested to port Dimo's Quest to another plattform, please feel free to contact me...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

That is a shame indeed but good to see Android in there as a platform that will see the game ported to.  :)

guest5112