Author Topic: Let's Compare River Raid!  (Read 7990 times)

Offline TL

• View Profile
Re: Let's Compare River Raid!
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2014, 02:05:28 AM »
Quote from: "onthinice"
Looking at the those screen shots, reminds me of Soviet Strike for the Saturn/Playstation.

Could the Jaguar have done a similar game or would it have been closer to the 16-bit Strike series?

I don't think the Jag would have had a problem with that game. Soviet Strike was originally a 3DO title but ported over to the Saturn and PS1 when the console failed in the marketplace. The Jaguar was more powerful in most areas than the 3DO.

Offline Mire Mare

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2014, 09:33:49 AM »
This is one of my favourite 2600 games. It's simply superb on Atari's classic machine.

There's a game called AirFox HD on iOS that's a blatant clone. It plays reasonably well but nothing will ever compare to RR on the 2600.

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2014, 14:10:53 PM »
Quote from: "Mire Mare"
This is one of my favourite 2600 games. It's simply superb on Atari's classic machine.

There's a game called AirFox HD on iOS that's a blatant clone. It plays reasonably well but nothing will ever compare to RR on the 2600.
My sentiments precisely 8)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2014, 20:07:43 PM »
Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "onthinice"
Looking at the those screen shots, reminds me of Soviet Strike for the Saturn/Playstation.

Could the Jaguar have done a similar game or would it have been closer to the 16-bit Strike series?

I don't think the Jag would have had a problem with that game. Soviet Strike was originally a 3DO title but ported over to the Saturn and PS1 when the console failed in the marketplace. The Jaguar was more powerful in most areas than the 3DO.
So in all probability it would have been a Jaguar CD game or could they have crammed it into a cart?

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2014, 20:17:19 PM »
If they had made it then it probably would have been CD given the other versions are.

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2014, 20:23:33 PM »
Glad they did not make it then.  :78:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal