Author Topic: Hello from an old timer  (Read 1842 times)

guest5124

Hello from an old timer
« on: February 22, 2014, 07:48:23 AM »
Hello Everyone!

I figured I would stop in and say hello being a new member. I've been playing/collecting video games for a little over 30 years. My interests range from atari 2600 to ps1 and everything in between. I do like to try and get complete collections but I do play my games. After all, isn't that what they were made for? As of right now I'm currently working on completing my Atari Jaguar collection.

Well that's all for now. I'm really looking forward to meeting new people here on the forums and learning more about my favorite pastime, Video Games! And far as I can tell, there is no end in sight.

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
Re: Hello from an old timer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 10:37:03 AM »
Your very welcome to the forum Jagman, there is some much stuff here, you'll be hard pushed to getting any free time to play your with the amount of content, and reach a 50+ count and another section opens up to you with a bunch of surprises :)

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 11:31:17 AM »
Always great to see a new member here at RVG!

I hope you enjoy the forums and join in all the chat!  :113:

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 12:37:58 PM »
Nice to meet you fella.

Nice intro also, can I ask how you found us.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 15:59:27 PM »
Welcome aboard, Jagman!  Plenty to see and chat about here in RVG.  Be sure to check out our reviews section and check out the Jaguar 20th Anniversary interviews.  :)
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

guest5124

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 20:46:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the friendly welcome, it's much appreciated! I have to say, in all the years I'm into gaming I only just started checking out websites in the last 2 years. And this one is by far the friendliest and most helpful. It is definitely a nice change from what I've seen. As far as where I learned about this site I wish I could remember. I was on some site and clicked on the recommended sites tab and here I am. I definitely look forward to joining in on some of your conversations but sadly if it turns technical I'm out. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm what you call a technical idiot. I don't know how to make em but I sure can play em :113:

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 20:55:33 PM »
We mainly talk about our love for games, and we all love games right or we wouldn't be here!

Don't be afraid to post anything  :6:

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 21:20:09 PM »
Nice one. We have an area where you can post your collections and where you can see some of ours.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest5124

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 21:28:10 PM »
I will definitely be posting and participating. It's just once it gets technical I get a headache :40:

I sure will check out everyone's collections and get some pics up of mine and soon as I get a break from the 12-16hr shifts at work.

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 00:05:50 AM »
Hi Jagman67

Welcome and I look forward to your posts especially any to do with the Atari Jaguar :113:

I have also been collecting for a long time though not in any serious fashion and I can relate to your comment about technical stuff. The best thing here is not only do people genuinely contribute but a lot of people have extensive knowledge of just about every system I have heard of and are very helpful.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

guest5124

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 00:30:53 AM »
Quote from: "Cryptic33"
Hi Jagman67

Welcome and I look forward to your posts especially any to do with the Atari Jaguar :101:

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 00:39:03 AM »
I suggest taking a look at the interviews section too Jagman, especially the Darryl Still interviews.

guest5124

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 00:43:05 AM »
Quote from: "The Laird"
I suggest taking a look at the interviews section too Jagman, especially the Darryl Still interviews.
Will do, thanks for the recommendation.

Offline Carlos

• View Profile
    • http://retrotext.blogspot.com
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 16:54:06 PM »
Welcome aboard, and thanks for joining. I am sure you will enjoy your visits here.

guest5124

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 17:01:25 PM »
Quote from: "Carl"
Welcome aboard, and thanks for joining. I am sure you will enjoy your visits here.
Thanks Carl, much appreciated. I'm enjoying myself already. So much good information on this site!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal