Underappreciated C64 games.

Started by zapiy, February 21, 2014, 02:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorLazarus

Without a doubt my most loved C64 cassette was Ghostbusters, and I never played it... Because I'd stop the tape after it loaded 'Invade-a-Load' a Space Invaders clone loading game, with awesome funky music!

I'll be checking out some of the games on this list too, sweet!

MVL.

DeadVoivod

I loved Allekat, as I loved many of Andrew Braybrook’s games, like the Uridium series and especially Paradroid, still one of my all time favorites.

Law of the West was one of the first games I had on the C64, and I loved it. It’s quite short, but it has great replayability due to the multiple choices you have. Probably one of the first games that used multiple choices. The graphics were just awesome for that time too. Loading times were a chore though.

zapiy

Great shouts. Can’t say I know much about them but I will have a go on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DeadVoivod

Gunship was quite good for that time, obviously you have to be into that stuff, otherwise you could get a bit lost with the controls.

Ryuhi

Hey guys reviving an old topic again here. Quick question as I know nothing about the C64 but what is the usagi yojimbo game like? I like the comic and all the reviews I can find of it say it is a great but difficult game but don't see it on must have lists or hidden gems. Would it be fair to say it is underappreciated?

aNdy/AL/Cosine

Quote from: Ryuhi on May 09, 2020, 18:48:55 PM
Hey guys reviving an old topic again here. Quick question as I know nothing about the C64 but what is the usagi yojimbo game like? I like the comic and all the reviews I can find of it say it is a great but difficult game but don't see it on must have lists or hidden gems. Would it be fair to say it is underappreciated?
Great game.  What initially seems like a fairly standard trudge through scenery turns into a thoughtful little game.  Maybe not for everyone, but if you like the comic, you'd like this!

As for under-appreciated games, I'll throw 'Citadel' into the ring.  One of my all time favourite games.

http://www.zzap64.co.uk/cgi-bin/displayreview.pl?reviewid=111 

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DeadVoivod

H.E.R.O. is great on every platform :D