What's Your Favourite Controller?

Started by TL, March 20, 2012, 20:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

honestly mate, when I press the buttons on the 123etc they don't match whats on the controller overlay, I need to have a look and see what its set to in the actual game, do you have to go in and tell it that you've got 6 button?
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Nope.

Because as I said the Pro dosn't actually add any new buttons. When I play Battlemorph I always use the keypad anyway for selecting my weapons.

dcultrapro

odd, maybe I'm just special lol, I swear the buttons on the overlay don't correspond, I'll try it again in a couple days and see what I find, wierd lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

Console Compulsive

My favorites have to be the controllers from:

1) The megadrive

2) The Snes

3) The Intellivision

Although I do have to add my personal congratulations to Nintendo for the masterpiece of art, design and utter thumb bending confusion that was the N64 controller.

Console Compulsive

Sorry about the huge Snes controller there, forgot to check the size of the picture before I added the link.

TL

Quote from: "Console Compulsive"Sorry about the huge Snes controller there, forgot to check the size of the picture before I added the link.

Easy to fix, looks slightly less horrible now  ;D

AmigaJay

Has to be the Cdi remote lol just kidding...

1) Dreamcast
2) Saturn
3) Neo Geo CD
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

guest4277

Really enjoyed using this beast in the 8-bit days, maybe it helped in deluding me into thinking I was getting a real arcade experience!

TL

Quote from: "MondoWray"Really enjoyed using this beast in the 8-bit days, maybe it helped in deluding me into thinking I was getting a real arcade experience!

No way! This is spooky! First you talk about Double Dragon 2 on the NES and now you post the controller I was using to play it! I actually think these are really good, far far better than the crappy NES joypad!

guest4277

What people won't be able to appreciate from the photo is the sheer weight of the thing. The base is solid. It was indeed my Double Dragon 2 stick too!

Console Compulsive

I have one of those for my NES. It's a great stick, especially for shoot em ups as you can alter the rate of the auto fire and it is a tough old beast too. In the event of a nuclear war the species evolved from the survivng cockroaches will still be using them to play Super Mario.

TL

The guy who presents this is a complete dick but the idea of the video is quite a good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... NcEpK2yd9M

Shadowrunner

Good topic, never noticed it before.
My three would be
Megadrive
Neo Geo CD
Dreamcast

Honorable mention goes to Xbox 360  ;)

Spector

I think the PC Engine Duo controller is superb- I've hammered away at it and not felt soar afterwards. The original white PCE controller isn't quite as accurate, but also decent enough.
DEATH TO SUGAR