Pearls - New Atari 5200 Homebrew!

Started by TL, February 18, 2014, 16:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:23u8j0sf][size=140]

PEARLS is a Reversi type game for zero to two players created for the Atari 5200 by Brek Brixius (A.K.A. SIO2 on Atari Age) of Silcon Dioxide Studios in February 2014. PEARLS is written in a mixture of 5200bas and 6502 assembly language.

The target platform is an actual Atari 5200 and PEARLS has been tested during development on a four port 5200. The games does not work on emulators at the present time.

You are aboard the ship formerly known as HMS 5200, a grand vessel and the largest of the console class. Her glistening black hull has a chrome stripe marking the waterline. Above that stretching from stem to stern are an impressive array of canon slots. HMS 5200 was once the flagship of the ATARI island fleet. Sadly, she was shamefully undermanned by the ATARI island war department who sited control issues and odd rigging as reasons for neglect. 

In this undermanned state, the HMS 5200 was vulnerable and was captured by boarding pirates who converted the ship into the finest pirate vessel that ever sailed. The 52 as she is now known works the seas near a rich tropical pearl field. Your cargo consists mainly of pearls both light and dark taken off merchant ships.

While the pirate life can have exciting moments, there are also days when the winds are calm and the seas are so much glass. Such moments can seem to stretch on forever without some
diversion.

Thankfully, your Captain (BB) has devised a means of keeping the crew occupied.  With his cutlass, he has carved a grid of eight by eight squares into the wooden deck. A sack of light pearls and a sack of dark pearls has been brought from the chests in the captains quarters and one colour assigned to each player.

The download contain a ROm file as well as a text document with the full story and instructions on how to play.
[/size]

[size=240]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size]

[/align:23u8j0sf]

TrekMD

Fantastic!  Lots of conversions and now a new homebrew for the 5200! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Yep! I tried to play this on an emulator and get some screenshots but once I got to the game the screen was a garbled mess. Mind you it did say that it only worked on real hardware, so if you have flash cart then you can try it out and tell us what you think.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Yep! I tried to play this on an emulator and get some screenshots but once I got to the game the screen was a garbled mess. Mind you it did say that it only worked on real hardware, so if you have flash cart then you can try it out and tell us what you think.

I do indeed have a Flashcart.  I'll see if I can take some pictures of the TV screen and clean them up a little. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...