New Atari 2600 Homebrew - V The Original Video Game

Started by TrekMD, February 14, 2014, 03:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:tsyta6ii][/align:tsyta6ii]

[align=center:tsyta6ii][size=140]"V The Original Video Game" is a NTSC homebrew for the Atari 2600.

It will be limited to 30 numbered Complete In Box copies, which will include the following items:

Retro Atari 2600 Style Box
Full Color Manual
Video Game Cartridge with COA
V Themed Feelies[/size][/align:tsyta6ii]

[align=center:tsyta6ii][size=140]The first freely has been announced and it is a pack of trading cards for each CIB set...[/size][/align:tsyta6ii]

[align=center:tsyta6ii][/align:tsyta6ii]

[align=center:tsyta6ii][size=140]No screen shots are available yet as the game is still in development.  Full details can be found here:
[/size]  [size=140]V The Original Video Game[/size].[/align:tsyta6ii]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I loved the two V mini-series' when I was a kid! Cool to see a video game for it after so many years, not counting the series they tried a few years ago that is. Just sent them a message about getting on the list  :)

TrekMD

Yes, I actually enjoyed the new show and was quite disappointed to see it cancelled.  The final episode had a lot of shocking things happen that I really wanted to see dealt with! 

TL

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Sounds cool, but any images of the actual game?

Nothing yet, unfortunately.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"Yes, I actually enjoyed the new show and was quite disappointed to see it cancelled.  The final episode had a lot of shocking things happen that I really wanted to see dealt with!

Yeah I was disappointed too that it was cancelled but I wasn't really surprised. These days if you want viewers you really need to start out with a bang and get people hooked, and the show was moving along pretty slowly. It's unfortunate but if you don't get the ratings they cancel it without even giving it a chance. I don't watch a whole lot of TV anymore and this show being cancelled, among others, was a big reason why. What's the point of investing time into a show if it's just going to get cancelled?  :(

TrekMD

Yes, quality TV is not appreciated.  People just want to see retarded "reality" TV crap.

TrekMD

Laird, to answer your question about about game images, they are coming soon.  Sean has joined the forum as vdevteam and should be posting stuff as soon as it is available.  They are having to rework some character sprites as translating them from paper to the 2600 has had some challenges. 

vdevteam

Quote from: "TrekMD"Laird, to answer your question about about game images, they are coming soon.  Sean has joined the forum as vdevteam and should be posting stuff as soon as it is available.  They are having to rework some character sprites as translating them from paper to the 2600 has had some challenges.
Yep, I signed up last night and can now post replies. What TrekMD posted sums it up. Once we get the character graphics looking a little better, I'll post some screen shots on the V Game website:

http://www.vtheoriginalvideogame.com/

As most know who do homebrew games, once pictures of screen shots are out, especially of how characters and gameplay look, it's got to be really good.

Not sure how often I'll be posting to RVG, so please keep an eye on the website for the most up to date information.

Thank you in advance for all the support of the game and project.

onthinice

Thanks for the information. I really like the label design.

zapiy

Quote from: "vdevteam"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Laird, to answer your question about about game images, they are coming soon.  Sean has joined the forum as vdevteam and should be posting stuff as soon as it is available.  They are having to rework some character sprites as translating them from paper to the 2600 has had some challenges.
Yep, I signed up last night and can now post replies. What TrekMD posted sums it up. Once we get the character graphics looking a little better, I'll post some screen shots on the V Game website:

http://www.vtheoriginalvideogame.com/

Well thanks for taking the time.. One things for sure we are strong supporters of the Homebrew sector so please keep popping your head in fella and keeping us upto date.

As most know who do homebrew games, once pictures of screen shots are out, especially of how characters and gameplay look, it's got to be really good.

Not sure how often I'll be posting to RVG, so please keep an eye on the website for the most up to date information.

Thank you in advance for all the support of the game and project.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Greyfox

bogstandard

Don't worry.  We can make a non-infringing version called "W".  The evil Shills invade earth and attempt to flip RVG Blast for massive damage.  Only Captain Zaipy can wield the anti-wank cannon before it's too late!

Greyfox