Atari Age user RetroFiends is currently developing a new homebrew title for the Atari 2600 called Hunger Shark.Controls and gameplay:
In Hunger Shark you play as a shark with an insatiable appetite.
- To move Hunger Shark, point the joystick in the direction you want him to move.
- To eat people, Hunger Shark must sufficiently overlap them. Doing so gains you points, and replenishes a bit of your Hunger Bar.
- If your Hunger Bar drains completely, you will die of starvation.
- After some time, when the water becomes blood red, the Coast Guard will send a patrol ship and shoot at you.
- Touching a squid collects it for later use. Using a squid, by pressing fire, will replenish your health completely, but will spray ink, thus turning Hunger Shark and the water black for a time. You can carry up to three squids at a time, but touching them will always yield 1000 bonus points.
- Treasure is known to pop at the sea floor from time to time. It may not be nutritious, but it does yield 1000 bonus points.
- Mines will periodically spawn near the bottom of the screen, so be on your guard!
- The game increases in difficulty slightly with each level.
[align=center:2bf4dvqs]Check out more details and the latest binary file here:[size=180]Hunger Shark[/size]
[align=center:2bf4dvqs][size=80]Posted with permission from RetroFiends[/size][/align:2bf4dvqs]