Elysian Shadows - New Dreamcast game **Update thread**

Started by zapiy, February 12, 2014, 00:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMsB17loGcY#t=3501

QuoteWithout a doubt, Elysian Shadows is a game that pays due to some of the most classic game titles of all time. With that in mind, the development team has always approached creating Elysian Shadows with the goal of capturing the same rich atmospheres, colorful characters, and quality gameplay of those days gone by. Being part of the team on Elysian Shadows is the opportunity of a lifetime, but it is also not for the faint of heart. Elysian Shadows is only where it is today because of the hard work and long hours of its talented developers. But do not worry, we stress on keeping game development fun, fresh, and exciting. If you aren't having fun making a game, nobody is going to have fun playing it!

They are looking for skilled people to join there team.. looking at you GF..

http://elysianshadows.com/dev/about-us/join-the-team

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Bloody hell I didn't expect that video to be nearly a hour and a half long!  :o

zapiy

Great new thats Watermelon have teamed up with  Elysian Shadows devs to release a physical copy of the game for the Dreamcast.

Box art.

Looks sweat and i can not wait for this one.

More here. http://www.elysianshadows.com/

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Great news! Looks like they are going to launch a Kickstarter for this sometime this summer. Despite my recent gripes with KS, I will have to back this one  :113:

zapiy

Same as pal, waiting for this one to go live thats for sure.

Will keep this thread updated as often as possible.

Lorfarius

Ben

Quote from: "Lorfarius"Reminds me I still haven't played Pier Solar.
I bought it for the Genesis, and I have to say that while it was good for a homebrew, I wasn't that wowed by it from a gameplay standpoint.  I think it relies more on the self aware humor and genre callbacks, and if you're into that sort of thing it's probably worth your while.  I'm more of an old school dungeon crawler fan, and am kind of burnt out on these ironic, self aware sort of games, so it just wasn't meant for me so much.

I am stoked about Elysian Shadows though, I'll be keeping my eye out for it if a physical release materializes.

zapiy

Yeah i will update this this as often as possible..

Really looking forward to seeing the first DC screenshots.

AirZonk

I will definitely support the Kickstarter for this. We need more physical DC releases.

zapiy

Agreed, i am hoping to have some exclusive DC video shortly.

zapiy

bogstandard

Extremely happy this is heading towards release.  That being said the developer that quit his job kinda worries me.  Homebrew doesn't usually pay the bills.   Dudes have serious cojones!

zapiy

zapiy

bogstandard

The sound seems to drop real low when they start speaking in the video.  The Dreamcast version looks really tempting.