0 (0%)
Batman
0 (0%)
Other?
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: January 29, 2014, 22:45:32 PM

64bitRuss

The Punisher is my favorite with The Combatribes a close second!

I guess I kind of like the one-of-a-kind in this genre, and not necessarily a whole series. Knights of the Round, AvP, Ninja Gaiden(arcade/LYNX).

TL

Quote from: "64bitRuss"The Punisher is my favorite with The Combatribes a close second!

I guess I kind of like the one-of-a-kind in this genre, and not necessarily a whole series. Knights of the Round, AvP, Ninja Gaiden(arcade/LYNX).

Ninja Gaiden is on the list!

Arethius_RGC

I would say Street of Rage as I played the fiest one countless of hours.

But I love the heroic fantasy Capcom ( knights of the Round, king of Dragon)...

So hard to choose.

Send cia Iphone/ Tapatalk

TL

All square between Double Dragon and Streets Of Rage

WiggyDiggyPoo

I was all ready to go get some fantastic video of guilty gear, then realised its strictly a side scrolling list.

So can someone change my vote to 'Golden Axe', then also why only side scrollers? Why not stuff like Guilty Gear, Streetfighter etc?

TL

Quote from: "WiggyDiggyPoo"I was all ready to go get some fantastic video of guilty gear, then realised its strictly a side scrolling list.

So can someone change my vote to 'Golden Axe', then also why only side scrollers? Why not stuff like Guilty Gear, Streetfighter etc?

Because those are not beat 'em ups, they are fighting games - different genre.

And anyone can change their own vote.

WiggyDiggyPoo

Quote from: "The Laird"Because those are not beat 'em ups, they are fighting games - different genre.

And anyone can change their own vote.

I'll accept your view as 'the way its done' :33:  :4:

Alberto 2K

I loved this genre in the arcades, Double Dragon I & II and Golden Axe are among my favorites, also Dungeon & Dragons were awesome, Capcom did a superb work with these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axBRSw0gDWk#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU8NUWMVXRE#

I only played Streets of Rage 1, I need to try the sequels...
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TL

Yes the D&D games on the Saturn and in the arcades were superb, I am lucky enough to own the Saturn twinpack.

Have you really only played SOR1  :35:

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "The Laird"Yes the D&D games on the Saturn and in the arcades were superb, I am lucky enough to own the Saturn twinpac

Now that you have a 360 you should check out the HD versions on Xbox live!

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"
Quote from: "The Laird"Yes the D&D games on the Saturn and in the arcades were superb, I am lucky enough to own the Saturn twinpac

Now that you have a 360 you should check out the HD versions on Xbox live!

Yeah I probably will, need to get the bloody thing fixed though as it has the x-clamp problem.

guest5175

A couple of my favorites that aren't very well known:

Oriental Legend 2 - Taiwanese take on the D&D kind of games but with elements of a standard fighting game (special moves based on control combo), leveling up, data saves, randomized level elements. Only draw back is that a full Engrish translated version doesn't exist but you don't need to know the story to enjoy it.

Review: Oriental Legend 2 (IGS) @ The Game Grid Arcade, UT

Crystal of Kings - Also fairly obscure but fun. Too bad it never generated a 4 player sequel.

The Crystal of the Kings (ARCADE)

wyldephang

For me, it's a toss-up between my two favorites, TMNT and Streets of Rage.  I think TMNT is stronger as a whole, but Streets of Rage II is the perfect beat-'em-up game with a great art style, soundtrack, and tight gameplay.  Turtles in Time is a close second.
- Ryan