Classic Moment: Robocop
The History Of: Driver
A Moment With: Ian Malcolm
Minority Report: Japanese Warriors
The Unconverted

& Much much more![/size]

[/align:16vpg2wf]

Greyfox

That Atari LYNX prototype statement is one of the funniest quote in an article I've ever seen in Retro Gamer, you must made a packet for this months articles..I'll grab this issue when it appears.

TrekMD

I'm definitely getting this issue! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

[align=center:23kxp6vo]My other article in this issue  :16:

[/align:23kxp6vo]

zapiy

Now I know why it's the best retro gamer in ages lmfao.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

I really do think my Robot Monsters article looks amazing  :8:

zapiy

Yeah the graphics guy did an awesome job. Enjoying this issue.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Nobody have this issue? Would love to hear some feedback!

TrekMD

I have the electronic version but I've not had a chance to read it.

zapiy

Enjoyed it so far. Not a massive amount of time for reading at the moment.

Greyfox

Yes I enjoyed this months issue, but I feel that its starting to lose its sparkle :(. I can't put my finger on it, new ideas or concepts are taking too long to be implemented if any and I feel some of the information might be slightly distorted or lacking proper research in places, although it has been running for many years now, I begining to suspect it might be heading into its twilight unless something changes to isolate content that has not been continually been covered from time to time from a long term readers perspective.

A good issue all round tho. I hope next months will have the same good stuff.

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"I have the electronic version but I've not had a chance to read it.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the Lynx article!

TrekMD

Well, I finally had a chance to read this issue!  I have to say that I really like the article on puzzle games.  I discovered some puzzle games I did not know existed reading this piece.  The "Latest News from August 1980" was also a good read. 

The Robocop article was a good read as well, particularly since this is a game I've never played.  I didn't realize the game followed the movie so closely. 

Of course, the article that takes the crown for the issue is the one dedicated to the Atari Lynx.  Awesome article, Laird.  The interview with Carl (sidebar) and the Prototype Power sidebar were also a nice read.  It is truly sad that such a superior system didn't do as well as it could have back then.  I didn't touch another portable system until the PSP came out.  By the way, what is this game that Alex is going to release?!?!?  When?  That is something I cannot miss!

The article about the Hardest Games of All Time is also a very good read and I have to say that I agree with a number of the games listed (since I haven't played all those listed). 

The interview with RJ Mical also had some interesting tidbits about the Lynx.  His assessment may be correct that things might have been different for the Lynx had it been bought by Sega instead of Atari. I guess that's one of those "what if" scenarios we'll never know the answer to.