New Intellivision Release - Old School

Started by TrekMD, January 24, 2014, 23:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Elektronite posted this in Atari Age and I thought it would be of interest here as well:

The Lost Caves of Kroz programmer John Doherty created a game called 'Old Skool' a few years back that was supposed to eventually be released 'complete in box' Unfortunately, it never was released.

He completed seven floors (Four mazes per floor) and ultimately wanted to do more with the game. However, he halted  programming the game and finally released the ROM 'as is' in 2009.  Nevertheless, the game is fully functional. Due to renewed interest in the game, John and myself have decided to polish up the game with a new title screen, make some graphical tweaks and add high score functions to the game and release the game on cartridge. This will be a CART only release! (No manual, overlays or box) Price is $40 US shipped. Availability for purchase of the CART only game, will be only until the end of March 2014, at which time, orders will cease and the game will ship. All of the games will ship at the same time when orders close. There will be no further availablity of the CART only game after sales close, so don't wait! This will not be like other Elektronite releases that have unlimited time in which to order.

The game will be released in a NEW LTO Shell, with a custom sticker.

[align=center:1wippl14][/align:1wippl14]

Object of the game: Collect all the coins in the maze and find the term paper to collect points and advance to the next level.
Controls: Move with the disk and fire chalk board brushes with action button.
Objects/tasks: Collect chalk board brushes to keep your supply up. Collect keys to access coloured doors. Use secret doors to appear elsewhere in the maze. Use green elevator door to advance to next level after you collect the term paper and all coins. Use green side doors to enter other areas of maze. Hit wall switches to open hidden doors.

HOW TO ORDER:

Email:

mailto:willy_moeller@hotmail.com">willy_moeller@hotmail.com

for information on how to order via PayPal

Payments will be $40 US (shipped) per cartridge

IMPORTANT - (Please indicate in the PayPal message area what the payment is for)

Please be aware that your game will not ship until the first week of April 2014, after sales have closed.

Currently, we have 100 circuit boards set aside for the creation of this game. Availability of boards is very low at this time, and it is unclear if we will be able to source more boards before the end of March. Therefore, in order not to be disappointed, do not wait.....first come, first served! Order as many as desired....no individual limits.

Order with confidence that your game will ship in the first week of April 2014. This is brought to you by the same people who are behind Elektronite published games, so you can be confident that your product will ship when we say it will ship!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Very cool!  ;)

zapiy

Thought William was moving? Great to see him back on it though and this looks great.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes, I understand he is still settling.  It's great to see this release coming, though.  Even if it is cart-only.  :)

TrekMD

Just as a quick update...the name of the game has been changed to Old School to keep the more traditional spelling.  Here is what the cart label looks like...

[align=center:1k7lmcnf][/align:1k7lmcnf]

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Elektronite

Here is a test of the title screen using the Elektronite tile editor.

zapiy

Liking it fella, glad to see you back.. Hope all ok?

TrekMD

That reproduces what's on the label very well.  Cool!

Elektronite

The game enhancements are being worked on right now. The high score save function is in, and we are working on allowing them to be erased and brought to factory specs by the user. This will only be the second Intellivision cartridge to feature game saves.

Get your orders in before March 31, 2014. The game will NOT be sold loose after that date, and the ONLY way it will ever see a Complete in Box release is if someone prepays for 50 copies, and that is probably NEVER going to happen.

The sticker has been sent to the printer and should be ready in a few weeks. (We are low priority)

The game is on track for shipping the first week of April. The game is paid for via PayPal, and is $40 US with shipping included, but $2 PayPal fees must be paid as well.

Elektronite

27 Days until the closing of sales for Old School. $40 US plus $2 PayPal fees (shipping included World Wide) email mailto:gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com">gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com for information on how to pay via PayPal. The game is on track for shipping the first week of April. Don't miss out! The cartridge only version of the game will NEVER be available again, and a CIB version is very unlikely.

TrekMD

I think I owe you $2!  I sent the payment early on no knowing about the added fee.

Elektronite

No worries. I asked a bunch of people to 'pay the fees' as I have had the option when sending money to pay the fee or let the receipient pay the fees. However, most were sending as a 'gift' and then putting their address in the comments. A 'great' way to get your account 'limited'. So, I've just started adding the charge and showing up front that PayPal is NOT the 'most loved way to get paid'. Thee are (high) costs to dealing with PayPal, and I think that customers should be aware of those costs. $40 is for the game shipping included. There should NOT be a $2 charge just to accept the money. It is outrageous, but it is what it is.

TrekMD

OK, thanks.  Yes, it is crazy all these fees. Anything sold on ebay is hit by fees on Ebay and fees on PayPal, which is a major PITA.  I've seen some people use Amazon for payments but I'm not sure how that works.