Star Trek Video Games!

Started by TL, January 14, 2014, 12:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyothric

TrekMD

Nice set.  Elite Force is a favorite of mine. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

This was posted on one of the Star Trek Google+ groups and I thought I'd share:

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary, Enhanced CD-ROM Edition [1992; DOS], developed & published by Interplay Productions

Featuring the voices of all of the original cast-members, this game marks the final adventures that the entire original crew set off together on.

@ MobyGames:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/star-trek-25th-anniversary

This game is currently Abandonware, so if you'd like a copy, get this exported game-archive for DOSbox via the DOSBox Game-Launcher (DBGL) with extras here:  ST 25th DosBox Download.

[align=center:2gbtrqur]Star Trek 25th Anniversary - Trek Game of the Month - May 2013[/align:2gbtrqur]

As an FYI, if you download this using Chrome it will tell you the file is dangerous and it will not fully download it.  I downloaded it using Firefox and ran two different scanners on the zip file and there was no evidence of any malware.  I'm not sure why Google would think there was something wrong with the file.  If anyone else find something, please let us know. 

Greyfox

Very good, will check this out, cheers Trek.

Katzkatz

Ahh, I think that Star Trek : Bridge Commander hasn't been mentioned here.  It's for the PC and came out in 2002.  It's set in the TNG timeframe and you get to control a galaxy and then a sovereign class spaceship.  It's sort of a space combat type game - but crucially you have to think of your ship as massive type battle-cruisers not nimble little fights(i.e. X-Wing and Tie Fighter) - that makes the gameplay dynamic very different; it's more about tactics and positioning your ship. 

Here's some video :-

[1] Let's Play: Star Trek Bridge Commander [Part 1]

TrekMD

I never got that one.  Looks cool.

Lorfarius

TNG Unity is a pretty good graphic adventure even if it feels a little sterile in places.  One game you should def hunt down is Star Trek Borg which starred Q. Its actually a pretty decent interactive video title and was filmed on the Voyager sets.

TrekMD

Oh, I have Star Trek Borg, the audio novel for it and the soundtrack.  :)

guest5347

Bridge Simulator awesome. Everything else trash. Oh the Voyager FPS was cool. Almost forgot about that.

TrekMD

This thread needs some editing but, until I can get to that, here is a video from the guys at GameSack looking at Star Trek video games...

zapiy

Good video, still think Star Trek: 25th Anniversary is the best I have played.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: zapiy on December 02, 2018, 10:43:31 AM
Good video, still think Star Trek: 25th Anniversary is the best I have played.

Yep, that one's a classic!