Atari Blast - New Atari XL/XE and 5200 Homebrew!

Started by TL, January 08, 2014, 21:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:juozj4ki][/align:juozj4ki]

[align=center:juozj4ki][size=140]This is the GTIA 10 mode in the game formally known as GTIA Blast. Note the differences with the earlier version of this. That enemy missile visibility has been improved - but at a cost. There are severe restrictions in using GTIA 10 - that at first it seems too hard to use this mode proper - but I always felt it should be possible to use this mode, to work around the restrictions somehow... I hope you can agree with me on this... there is a lot more to see in this current demo release that shows a lot more levels and graphics. I am not planning to release a video showing all of the levels and what they contain - but hopefully videos will appear elsewhere that will give you a grand tour of the renamed now AtariBlast! or is it ATARBLAST![/size]

[size=140]This is an Atarimax Maxflash 8Mbit cart image and in the zip you will find ab.bin (raw image), ab.car (image with CART header) and ab_atarimax_8mbit.atr (programming image). I have successfully tested on Maxflash 8Mbit, THE!CART, Altirra and Atari800WINPLus. Going the cart route means it now runs on a 16K machine.

Renamed ATARI BLAST! because it contains ANTIC modes too, a couple of the levels you may recognise as reworked versions of Harvey's HawkQuest designs. On the programming side there are now sound effects, a couple more background tracks, some new attack patterns and enemy missiles. Still a lot to do...

Keys 1..8 will jump to a level (at any time) and A will start auto-fire which you can cancel by pressing the fire button (this was added for the 5200 where fire buttons are not as robust as they are on the 8-bit joystick).[/size]

Latest GTIABlast! video - GTIA mode 10 - project name changed to AtariBlast!

[size=240]DOWNLOAD XL/XE HERE![/size]

[size=240]DOWNLOAD 5200 HERE![/size][/align:juozj4ki]

Minerals

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Easily one of the most impressive games I have seen on the A8, I really need to try this sucker out!

TL

TrekMD

Can't wait for this to be finished.  I hope it sees a cart release. :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...