Light Gun Games

Started by TL, December 11, 2013, 21:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Hmm, maybe I need to check out those as well now that I have a Genesis.  Will the Menacer work with LCD TV's?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Hmm, maybe I need to check out those as well now that I have a Genesis.  Will the Menacer work with LCD TV's?

Nope, you will need a CRT.

The Master System gun is great, there are some really good agmes for it. There is even one that uses the light gun and the 3D glasses!

TrekMD

Hmm, ok.  I do have a CRT TV that I use for my Atari lightgun games.  Will the SMS gun work for the Genesis? 

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Hmm, ok.  I do have a CRT TV that I use for my Atari lightgun games.  Will the SMS gun work for the Genesis?

Yes it does.

TrekMD

Great!  Something to check out.  :) 

TL

Some of the Master System light gun games, Operation Wolf is probably the best home version of the game and both Gangster Town and Missile Defence 3D are good fun too.
[align=center:2q4sngu9]Master System Longplay [060] Missile Defense 3-D

Sega Master System - Operation Wolf

Gangster Town - Sega Master System - Full Game

Safari Hunt - Master System

Assault City Sega Master System 1990[/align:2q4sngu9]

TrekMD

I have to find these guns at a decent price.  There was one on ebay with 6 games but it was snatched in no time.  It sold for $30!  All the other ones (with no games) sell for $90 or more!

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"I have to find these guns at a decent price.  There was one on ebay with 6 games but it was snatched in no time.  It sold for $30!  All the other ones (with no games) sell for $90 or more!

Wow! They are a lot cheaper over here, but I guess SMS stuff is far more common in Europe.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"I have to find these guns at a decent price.  There was one on ebay with 6 games but it was snatched in no time.  It sold for $30!  All the other ones (with no games) sell for $90 or more!

Wow! They are a lot cheaper over here, but I guess SMS stuff is far more common in Europe.

Well, the system was more successful there so that does not come as a surprise.  I'll have to take my time. 

TrekMD

That's quite a few games! 

zapiy

Mad Dog McCree was great at the time but aged badly now.

[align=center:1b59ptkb]Mad Dog McCree[/align:1b59ptkb]

Point Blank was my fav.

[align=center:1b59ptkb]Point Blank 1 PS1 Beginner Part 1[/align:1b59ptkb]

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

The version of MadDog that I played was not a Light Gun version but it certainly makes sense for the game to be of this type!

TL

TrekMD

Looks like the XEGS has a larger library of lightgun games than the 7800.  That's cool.