New NES Homebrew - Nighttime Bastards

Started by TrekMD, November 24, 2013, 22:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Nighttime Bastards is an original video game designed and created for play on the Nintendo Entertainment System® (NES). The game will only be released in a very limited quantity of ten complete units. Sales are limited to one unit per person.

[align=center:8csjraoq]Nighttime Bastards Official Trailer[/align:8csjraoq]

Become a true Hero and fight for the presence of light in the nightmare world of Wakenes. Equip yourself with what you can find scattered across the intriguing world to maintain light that repels the evil bastards. Fueled by the shadows of their caves, the Bastards will demolish you instantly if you find yourself in the grim darkness. Their darkness.

[align=center:8csjraoq][/align:8csjraoq]

In this action driven adventure game, Your heroic mission is to bring light to the nine vulnerable parts of Wakenes. This is a real test of courage and skills. Should You somehow succeed, You still need to defeat the materialized essence of horror himself, before completing your task. In Nighttime Bastards You will experience:
  • Nine intriguing Levels plus a challenging epic Boss Battle.
  • Three Weapons and essential items.
  • One Hero and hordes after hordes of enemies.
Good Luck!

[align=center:8csjraoq]More details and preorder info available here:
[size=180]Nighttime Bastards - One Bit Games[/size][/align:8csjraoq]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

They are only making 10?  :13:

This will be very rare one day then!

TrekMD

Indeed.  Although I think the limited 10 are to the "complete" version. 

triverse

What I don't understand is, why don't these games get a more broad release?  Do a pre-order option and make as many as people will buy (complete or otherwise). 

TrekMD

Quote from: "triverse"What I don't understand is, why don't these games get a more broad release?  Do a pre-order option and make as many as people will buy (complete or otherwise). 

I have no idea either.  They are doing a preorder but I don't know if they intend to sell more than the 10 complete sets.

sloan

I've never understood either publishers who will only do a one-time-only limited production run of a given game. Why not maximize profits and sell it indefinitely? Other than creating rarity and inflated profits for investors, I see no reason for this. Aren't games supposed to be for the players, not some get rich quick investors or those who hoard ten CIB copies for later profiteering on ebay?

Anyway, this game looks good and I am always glad to see new releases on classic consoles.

triverse

Quote from: "sloan"I've never understood either publishers who will only do a one-time-only limited production run of a given game. Why not maximize profits and sell it indefinitely? Other than creating rarity and inflated profits for investors, I see no reason for this. Aren't games supposed to be for the players, not some get rich quick investors or those who hoard ten CIB copies for later profiteering on ebay?

This is my feelings about all of those Atari 2600 carts, Colecovision, etc that get made.  Many are 100 copy runs but still, if you can sell 1,000 why not produce 1,000?  Why not sell through pre-order that way you don't make too many?

TL

Quote from: "sloan"I've never understood either publishers who will only do a one-time-only limited production run of a given game. Why not maximize profits and sell it indefinitely? Other than creating rarity and inflated profits for investors, I see no reason for this. Aren't games supposed to be for the players, not some get rich quick investors or those who hoard ten CIB copies for later profiteering on ebay?

Anyway, this game looks good and I am always glad to see new releases on classic consoles.

I have to agree with this also. Just look at what has happened with Battle Sphere for the Jaguar, a great example of what happens with limited releases.

TrekMD

No argument here.  Such limited runs don't really help anyone but those who want to later sell the game on EBay for absurd amounts of money (be it $$$$, ££££, € € € € , or an other currency!).

triverse

I have an interview scheduled with the team leader at One Bit Games, are there any questions anyone want to have answered? 

The limited quantities is one of my top questions.

TrekMD

Quote from: "triverse"I have an interview scheduled with the team leader at One Bit Games, are there any questions anyone want to have answered? 

That's cool.  The limited release is definitely one to ask.  Just a couple more for now:

- Do they have other titles planned for the NES?
- Are they planning on developing titles for other systems?

sloan

Quote from: "triverse"I have an interview scheduled with the team leader at One Bit Games, are there any questions anyone want to have answered? 

Any other games in the pipeline?
Do they plan on developing for other systems or just NES?

TrekMD

I just saw this on their site:

[font=georgia:1wjtsmxv]The ten first to order will be able to choose if they want the Limited Edition or cart only regular edition. Those who are not among the first ten can only get the cart only regular edition. The prices will not be the same between editions.[/font:1wjtsmxv]

So, it appears the game will be available for more folks just not boxed for everyone. 

zapiy

Great stuff indeed..

Love the packaging and stuff.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I've been checking the order page since the 1st multiple times!  LOL