Turn Dead Commodore into a PC keyboard, or better!

Started by Carlos, March 13, 2012, 09:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos

I have one of these.

I will use it with the raspberry pi, if it ever turns up, but in the mean time......

QuoteKeyrah makes keyboards of classic computers available to new computers. The board fits the case of a Commodore 8-bit computer (such as Commodore 64 (II), SX64*, VIC-20, C128, C128D, C-16, C-116*, Plus/4*) or an Amiga 1200/600, and turns the computer into a USB keyboard.

http://www.vesalia.de/e_keyrah.htm

Nice people to deal with.  :)

here is a video of mine running on a Wii

Commodore 64 on Nintendo Wii with keyrah usb interface.

CeefaxOfDelphi

a PC in a Vic or c64 - I'd love that! Most laptops are utterly boring in form

Carlos

yep that one is just the USB keyboard pluged into my Wii, but I would imagine the result to be the same when the PI is installed into it.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Carlos

Quote from: "zapiy"Awesome..  ;)

Is that yours?

the video, yep.

thanks!

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Carlos

here is a test that I did when I fitted it.

I put it on face book and some people thought I had just typed on the PC and put the C64 in front of it. :D

zapiy

Havantgottaclue

I actually have a non-working housebrick sitting around.

I just wonder though how you connect everything up without any extraneous wires if you want to put your replacement mobo inside the chassis. Because the USB connector is where the power socket used to be it looks as though you'd have to pass the USB cable round the outside and back in somehow. It would work but it wouldn't look good.

Carlos

I was actually thinking this the other day :D

If it all worked, and it should I can desolder the usb socket and re-solder it the other way around.

I was talking to the shop owner yesterday and he eluded to an even easier method that that.

zapiy